Donor Rememberance Ceremony

      Yesterday I attended my 2nd Donor Rememberance Ceremony honoring the donors and the donor families of Tissue donors.  My Dad passed away suddenly and unexpectedly June 29, 2008, 10 days after successful heart surgery.    He was always helping people while he was alive, and has continued to do so after his death.  So far we have been told that his tissue donation has helped as many as 49 people, 1 person has received 8 skin grafts.  It is a wonderful feeling, knowing that many people are benefitting from our loss.
    Here are a few pictures....   The Butterfly is a symbol of Hope and New Life.


Our Certificate of Appreciation, Brochure, Candle, Cookie Cutter and Tissue
 Candles from year 1, 2 and yesterday.
 Me, Cristine (one of my 2 daughters) and Mom
 This is my Mom lighting the 5th candle.  I'm sorry, I can't remember the significance of the 5 candles.  Behind is the National Quilt that travels from place to place.  We have a quilt square on the Regional quilt, which is to the right.

      Tissue and organ donation is a great thing. Please make sure that you know what your loved ones wishes are.  It is a very difficult time, when you lose someone you love, and if it hasn't been discussed in advance, you won't know their wishes.  You may think, "Oh, we can't do that.", but this is the greatest give your loved one can give.
   Please check out the website for Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation
Sign your donor cards, Please!!!

Comments

Donna Heber said…
Cindy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. This is important information for people to know about their loved ones.
Beebeebabs said…
Thank you for stopping by my blog and thanks for sharing your story. Your Butterfly is absolutely gorgeous thanks for sharing!!!
Linda said…
Hi Cindy, Yes Madison Mingle is in Madison WI. It is a once a year weekend and we have a great time. Were are you in WI? I live in Prairie du Sac.
kathlee said…
Excellent advice Cindy! Such a delicate subject but the conversation needs to happen. Don't forget the importance of Health Care Proxys as well. Oh gee....I'm not at work! I'm just passing thru to say hi and leaving some love via the Linking Up Party! New follower. Sure hope you stop by and visit soon!
Hugs,
Kathie
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com
thank you so much for sharing this...very hard subject but does need to be discussed.
Bless you and your family...
Scrapp'n Nana said…
I love what I see on your blog. Quit question if someone told you that you have blood on your spine what would you think? My husband told this and we can't get anyone to tell us what it means?

Sincerely

Donna Scrapp'n Nana

http://scrappnana.blogspot.com/

www.mycmsite.com/dmdegraw
want to look, I would love you too.
Cheryl said…
Thank you for sharing your story!
Hi Cindy! Thanks for stopping by my blog via the Link Up party. I'm following you now too! ;-)
Gina Lindsay said…
Thanks for sharing this. What a great thing to know that even though your Dad is gone from your daily life, he is still helping others. Blessings to you and your mom.
Lori Comeau said…
Hi, I came over from the Love Link Party, I just became a new follower of your blog. I love your layout. I just lost my grandmother last Tuesday and been trying to put things together to do a heritage book in her memory. I'm not really sure where to begin. Thanks for sharing your story. I'd like to invite you over to my blog to have a look around. Take Care.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/
Michele Kovack said…
What a wonderful way to honor your father's memory. Beautiful butterfly. My donor card is signed!
Maire Gamber said…
I just want to say Thank you to you and your dear families generous spirit. It truly is a wonderful way to honor you dad!
Anonymous said…
such a wonderful project... I am a new follower from the linking party
Lisa said…
Cindy I am so sorry to hear about your Daddy but what a wonderful tribute to his life! He lives on through others! Beautiful!
Big Hugs!
Wow - Cindy - what a beautiful post. I have goosebumps. What a wonderful gift your father gave to so many after his passing.

I am an organ donor, but I'm not sure if that includes tissue donation. I'll have to check.

Beautiful project in memory of your dad.
Thank you for sharing!
Maria

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!