2 Challenges...

     Good morning everyone!!!  While you are reading this, I am at the County Courthouse!!
No, I am not in trouble!! I have to report to jury duty!!  This is my 2nd time in my life, and the 2nd time in about 6 years I have been called. I didn't get picked the first time, so we will see what today brings!!
     My first card is for a Challenge over at Suzanne Deans "Color Me Creative Classroom" The challenge was to use all WHITE with only 1 "pop" of color.  My card base and the embossed sheet is Gina K Pure Luxury. I used the Christmas Ornaments embossing folder in my Cuttlebug.  The sentiment is from Northwoods Stamps, stamped in Real Red. The cute little Snowman is by American Art Stamps, and I colored him with Copics. He is framed with Real Red I cut out with a Nesties Oval in my Cuttlebug.
   Next is another challenge, this one from Bug A Boo stamps. The challenge was to make a card with Polka Dots and Stripes.  This was perfect as I had just made this card yesterday, but wasn't sure what to do with the left side of the card. SO, I just cut out a strip of stripes from Echo Park "Springtime"., and waaa-laaaa!!   The cardstock is YoYo Yellow, the Polka Dot paper is also Echo Park "Springtime". I colored her with Copics and added lots of Stickles for her bubbles and her hair.
      Last night my Mom was involved in a car accident. She was going to meet my daughter Cristine at her boyfriends house, and someone ran a red light. Luckily they just clipped the passenger side rear area.  She called 911, then Cristine.  Cristine got there before the police, as Mom was only 2 blocks away.  Cristine took her to the ER. Luckily she only got whiplash.  She refuses to let me go up there, and she didn't feel she needed to come down here with Cristine. (We live 3 hours apart,)  Cristine's boyfriend lives in the same town as my Mom, so they go back and forth every weekend.   I'm glad Cristine was up there!!

Comments

Kathy and Lucky said…
Glad to hear your mom is alright, I just don't understand why people run red lights, does it really save that much time?!!! I have been to jury duty and sometimes I don't mind, I can color and read :) Your cards are so cute, love the white with the pop of red, always a beautiful combo. Have a great day.
Susan said…
Oh, that's terrible Cindy, I hope your mom is feeling better soon. Good thing your daughter was close by as I'm sure your mom was pretty shook up! Then to hear about jury duty, ick. I was called in once when I lived in Chicago. I had to report to the courthouse right next door to Cook County prison. I was so happy I didn't have to serve on one, I don't think I could have handled hearing the types of cases that go on there.

On a lighter note, I like the cards you did, especially the bubble bath one. The little cocktail is a nice addition! You mentioned yesterday you haven't had a bath in ages, I hope this card inspired you to take one! (lol)

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com
Fabulous cards! Hope your mom is doing okay! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!
paige said…
Two great cards! Thanks for joining us at SRU! Hope you mom is recovering quickly - what a scare for all of you!
Linda Palmer said…
I sure hope your Mom is okay and no extra hurts the day after.
I am loving that darling smowman card. It is such a cute image and I love the red accent. Your other ard is so cute. Love her drink sitting by the tub. Great cards.
Yikes! Sorry to hear about your mom - but glad she wasn't too banged up!! I'm sure she'll feel sore for a few days.

Hope jury duty wasn't TOO painful! I've been lucky to get out of it the one time I was called.

Two cute cards!!! Love the xmas one, but really dont want to think about cold weather right now.

And, that bubble bath looks dreamy!!!
Have a great night :)
Maria
So sorry to hear about your mom's accident, Cindy......but so very thankful that she wasn't seriously injured.
Your cards are darling. Great job!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥
Tammy Miller said…
Wow what a great card! I just love it! I am so happy you decided to join our Polka Dots and Stripes challenge at Catch the Bug! I hope you will join us again!!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

Winter Birthday Card