Secret Sister #4 Unusual Fold card

Here is my Secret Sister Challenge #4. We were to make a card with an unusual fold.  I'm not sure what this fold is called. I have made it before, but this time seemed a bit more challenging!!  I hope you can tell that it is PURPLE!!  I hope my SS likes it.  I did emboss the flowers, sponged around the edges and added bling! She does like bling!! The paper is SU Lavendar Lace, and Gina K Vibrant Purple. I used Stephanie Barnard's the Stamps of Life, Thanks 2you, for the flowers, and Banners 4all for the "hi".This is the partially opened position. I added 2 Primas and a rhinestone brad.
This is the open position.
I hope my SS likes this one. I LOVE the colors myself!!!

Here are the dimensions if you would like to try the card yourself.
1.Cut an 8-1/2 x 11 peice of cardstock in half lengthwise.
2.Score at the dimensions marked.
Here is what it looks like when scored.
I cut the contrasting color 1/8" smaller.  This card has a circle that is attached to the bottom left corner of the square, and it slips into a slit cut into the bottom left of the card.   I hope you enjoy trying it!!!  (This is my first tutorial!!)


    I had to take my computer in to be repaired yesterday. The power switch wouldn't work all of a sudden. Turned out I needed a new power supply, only $116.00 later!!
But I can't go without it. My daughter borrowed me her laptop, but it just isn't the same!!
   Now to get onto SS #5 and #6.  I already know what I'm going to try for #6. I've been looking at Theresa Momber's tutorials and I have my eye on something!! I hope I can come close!!!  Until then, thanks for stopping by!!!

Comments

Fiona said…
OOOH, what a fantastic card! I've never seen that construction before.....any chance of a link or tutorial please??? It's brilliant Cindy!
Jacquel said…
This is sooo very pretty Cindy! I love that purple & what a neat fold!! Very nice work & TFS!!!!!
MiamiKel said…
Cindy, I think your SS will more than love this! It's super fun and what a stunning color! Love this fold, had to look at it a few times to see how it works - very creative!
Dru said…
This is a beautiful card Cindy - I'm sure your SS will love it! I love the simple beauty you have created here. Hugs, Dru
Rho's place said…
Thank you for stopping by my blog...love yours, so much going on in your life. this card is wonderful, will have to try this one! Also, it's purple so that says it all.
Rho
shazsilverwolf said…
This is really, really cool! Love the fold- and that purple is AWESOME!
Becky said…
This is lovely Cindy. Beautiful colors.
Elizabeth said…
I have never seen this fold before - thanks so much for the inspiration.
Fiona said…
Cindy, thank you so much for taking the trouble to do the diagrams - it makes it very clear and I shall definitely be having a go at making this. Much appreciated :)
Cheryl said…
Wonderful card! I love this fold!
Andrea said…
Thanks for the tutorial, this is a fold I haven't seen before. I have several friends that like unusual folds and they all like this one.
Thanks for sharing

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

2 Cards, 3 Challenges!