DD Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop

   Welcome to the OBG Blog Hop.. (This month it is a week later than usual)
You should have arrived  from Shelly's blog.    I hope you enjoy mine!!!

      I had fun making this card.  Haven't inked up this stamp for probably over a year!!
It is "Summer by the Sea", (SU) The Paper and Ribbon is "Riding Hood Red."(SU).
I added some shading with Pebbles Chalks, and some "stick on" bling. I also used SU Oval All and Scalloped Oval Punches.  The sentiment is from an unmounted set I have had for years from CeeDee's stamps.  
      I knew those shells would  come in handy someday!!!
   I would have preferred a different Red for coloring, but this was the closest I could get to the Riding Hood Red with my Prismacolors. I have ordered some more Copics, but haven't gotten them yet.   I didn't realize that the Copic set of 12  I recently received are the SKETCH markers.  I do like them, but I think I would prefer the original with the smaller tips.  I can't wait to get them!!
    So, now you will be off to visit Mary's blog.    Have fun!!!  
If for some reason you need to go to the beginning, you will go to Melissa's blog.
 Please come back and visit again!!!
    P.S.  I'll be late hopping today... Today my divorce becomes final!!  1130am...  Then out to lunch with my BFF who drove 3 hours in snow to spend the day with me!!!

Comments

Tina Connolly said…
VERY pretty! I love this:- gorgeous stamp, stunning colours, uber cute ribbon = one amazing card.
Chrissy D said…
Sooo very pretty! One of my favorite sets!
UKMUMINUSA said…
Beautiful stamp, love the colours you used, summer by the sea, oh I wish it was summer here, i thought spring was on the way, but it is now snowing!!!
Joanne Travis said…
I love this SU sets, this image is one of my favorites. Beautifully colored and I love the layout.
Maria Matter said…
oh, this makes me long for the beach! beautiful card Cindy!!!
hugs
Gina Lindsay said…
This is gorgeous Cindy!I love all the red. Copics are an addiction, aren't they? Have fun with your friend today!
Mary G. said…
Cindy!!! This is gorgeous! LOVE that striped ribbon and your coloring is beautifully done! I have this set- I'll need to pull it out and dust if off! Thanks for the inspiration!
Vicki said…
Awesome card, Cindy! All the elements came together beautifully! So great to see you rockin' and rollin' the paper crafts! Hope all went well for you today! I had you in my prayers! Now, to the next life adventure! Love, hugs and blessings to you!
Unknown said…
I have this stamp somewhere. Beautiful work Cindy!
Kathy and Lucky said…
What a sweet card, love the image and great coloring. Wonderful card.
I love this stamp set. Great use of colors. wonderful new ideas for me to use
Lorie said…
Cindy, this is just beautiful! I've never seen this set done in red, and it's absolutely gorgeous!!! Brilliant and beautiful idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

Hugs,
Lorie
This is so very sweet and red is my favorite color.
Shelly Schmidt said…
Such a pretty card- I always love that great image- the chalks look so soft and pretty! Love your pretty Layout too!
Brenda said…
Very pretty!! I love the layout and colors.
Linda Anderson said…
Ahhhhh the beach...how wonderful that would be about now since we woke up with snow on the ground!!! Your card is absolutely lovely!!! Love your coloring!!! Fabulous.

Linda
Barbara said…
Cindy, this is stunning! Ooo, I can feel the warm breezes and smell the fresh flowers! What a beautiful scene and I love the colors you chose.
Cathy said…
I have always loved this image although I never bought the set. Love what you did with it. Great card!!
Unknown said…
This is one of the very first stamps I bought when I started stamping. I love it. I love the way you colored it and the colors you used. I especially adore that striped ribbon!
Donna Heber said…
Cindy,

You have created such a beautiful and peaceful scene. Your coloring is wonderful and I adore that red/white striped ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today Cindy!!!

This is a gorgeous stamp you used on this card. What a serene scene!!! I can almost feel the breeze blowing!!!
Love that gorgeous ribbon too :)
Maria
Jennipher said…
Cindy, this card is fabulous. Love all the wonderful coloring you did. Very nice!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

2 Cards, 3 Challenges!