Framed Greetings

My first card didn't turn out how I wanted at all!!  I sponged Almost Amethyst & Lovely Lilac, but then I went and colored the butterfly Blue and the flowers Pink.  What was I thinking??? I was trying to make my card just like Theresa Momber's card I love the colors of hers...So I continued to make it anyway, only working with pink and black.
Paper is Pretty in Pink, Black & Gina K White. I used a few of the new Copics I just got, but I also used my Prismacolor markers. Then I cut it out using the Nesties Lables One, that go perfectly with Gina K's "Framed Greetings".  I added Black satin ribbon and added rhinestone brads.
Well, I started again, and this time I really like how it turned out. I again sponged Almost Amethyst & Lovely Lilac, then stamped with Memento Black. I colored with my Prismacolor markers, then mounted my image on black and just cut in a square as Theresa did. My Taken with Teal isn't exactly the color I wanted, but it was as close as I could get. I mounted them on Gina K Vibrant Violet.  I did not have a satin ribbon, but this ribbon has all of the colors in the card. I used twine to sew on the Gina K purple buttons.
       I could use the first one for my SS#5, using die cuts, but I want to make something that I like much more, and that I think my SS will like.  This one will have to go in my card box.
      I'm on vacation this week, so I hope to get a lot of cards made!!!

Comments

Kathy and Lucky said…
Very pretty cards, the colors really say spring :) Perfect image with the flower and butterfly, love GKD paper and images. Have a great vacation.
Gail said…
The cards are great. Love how using different colors makes the same style card look so different!!
Jodi said…
I really like this card. Very pretty. I jumped over from SCS to see your blog, it is very nice.
~Jodi
Anne Marie Hile said…
Very, very pretty! Beautiful color combos on both cards and I just love how you framed the sentiment. Have a fun vacation this week, too! :)
Theresa Momber said…
Beautiful cards, Cindy! Love the pink version, too!
Jessie Lubyk said…
Very beautiful, tfs and take care

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

2 Cards, 3 Challenges!