A Spring Thank you!!

Secret Sister Challenge #3...Make a Thank you card in Spring Colors.  When I first learned how to do this lattice technique, I made quite a few of them, so I thought I would  use one of them for this card. Image is SU, "A Kind Word", the sentiment is Gina K "Framed Greetings". Paper is Bermuda Bay, Barely Banana, SU dp, & Gina K White. I colored with Prismacolor pencils, shaded with Pebbles Chalk, added some bling and a gorgeous Prima!!!
 Isn't it beautiful??? I added a little bit of Stickles to it for some shine!
I stopped at Target today, and found these pencil holders, all on clearance, for $2.18 each!! I bought them all!!
         I would love to have them on an angle somehow, but haven't figured that out yet!!
         Today was our 1 Year Anniversary at work!! We separated from the Emergency Department 1 year ago.  We have grown a lot since then.  We had a little party. I had the day off, but went in anyway and took my Mom with. We had subs for lunch and the usual goodies with a work party!!  It was also our Boss's birthday, so we had a gift and flowers for her..
     Then my Mom and I stopped at Borders Books. They are closing one of the stores in town, but we really didn't find any good deals. Markdowns are only 20-40% off. Their prices are high to begin with!!  Then we did a little grocery shopping, I dropped her off at home and had a doctor appointment to get too.  
     My Mom is staying with me for the week. She was going stir crazy at home, so here by me, she has a little change of scenery.
Some of you know, my Dad died 2.5 years ago. She lives 2.5 hours north of me.  She is thinking of selling in the spring, and moving in with me.  That will be better for her, and it will be comforting knowing I won't have to worry about her.

Comments

What fun containers! I just LOVE Target (: Cute card also
Maria Matter said…
Beautiful card Cindy! love the fun lattice work, great job!

oh & great find at Target!! I love organizing! lol
hugs & blessings
Nancy said…
I love that lattice effect. Of course, I have no idea how to do it but it certainly looks great. Beautiful card. I love the colors.

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

2 Cards, 3 Challenges!