The Chill of winter.... and Eggies

     Isn't this guy cute??  He is from Designed2Delight, called "Snow  Dog."
The Saturday challenge over a D2D, calls for cute critters, the 4 legged variety.
You can't see any of his legs, but I'm thinking that he has them!!
     The sentiment is an SU "It's Snowtime."  The dp is "Winter" by Creative Memories.  Card stock is Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Gina K Pure Luxury White. I colored with Copics.
      The Snowflake is an SU item too that I layered and added Stickles and a gem brad for some added bling.


For any of you who have seen the ad for "Eggies", here is my story!!  Sometimes I have a hard time peeling hard boiled eggs, other times, not so hard.  I decided to buy some "Eggies."  Well, there are 4 parts to each one. You have to oil them with your hand or paper towel. Then you place them in warm water and bring to a boil for a certain amount of time.
    After the time is up, you take them out to cool for a few minutes.
          This is what they looked like before I took them out of their "shell."
    Even though I oiled them, I had to pry each one out with a knife and this is what they looked like.  It definitely was NOT worth the extra time or money for these, in my opinion.  I have boiled them the old fashioned way since then, and haven't had trouble peeling yet.
        If anyone else has used them, and have had better results, let me know!!  

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow this card is so adorable and it made me laugh too!!!!! Good mjob on this!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!
Well, the card is just spectacular!!! Love the dog as the snowman head! Too cute and that snowflake is gorgeous!!!!

Now the eggs grossed me out a bit! Sorry!!!
Sorry they didn't work out as you planned either :(

Maria
Barbara said…
That snow dog is adorable and the card is fantastic. The "eggies" not so much. Not that you asked, but I have a nearly foolproof method for getting egg shells off every time. After the eggs are done boiling drain off the hot water. Keeping the eggs in the pan, shake the pan until each egg shell is well cracked. Then pour in cold water. The water seeps into the cracks and helps the egg to cool enough for the shell to come off easily. You can leave the eggs in the cool water while you peel them, which keeps the mess in the pan, too. Let me know how that works for you! The "eggies" might make nice cups for paper clips and embellies, tho'!
Linda Palmer said…
The card is adorable. I love your gorgeous snowflake too! I have never tried using that egg thingie, I just boil in water and do have trouble peeling sometimes.
Gina Lindsay said…
What an adorable card, that doggie is too cute.

No help on the eggies, I don't have them, but a friend does. Yours look better than I have seen hers, so I don't think it's user error, that just seems to be the way they turn out.

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!