Cards, food and more cards!!

      The cards I'm talking about today, are playing cards!!!   My daughters came over on Saturday and we played cards.  We started out playing Rummy.  I actually won 1 game. Cristine won the other 2, and unfortunately Jenn, didn't win any..Maybe next time, Jenn... 
                                                        Cristine, Jenn 

     So Saturday morning, I was watching "The Pioneer Woman" on the Food Network.  She made Twice Baked Potatoes. I have never made them before, so I gave them a try!  These are them before they went into the oven.
     I forgot to take the picture after they came out of the oven (Guess I won't make it on a food blog!!), so here are 2 leftover ones.  They were yummy!!  I will make them again!
      Here is my salad.  Every one's was a variation of this. Neither daughter likes mushrooms, Cristine doesn't like tomatoes, Kris doesn't like peas.  I never got to eat mine, as I was busy with the steaks. So I will eat it tomorrow.  Doesn't it look yummy, though?? Those are fresh mozzarella pearls.
    Here are the steaks..  They got cooked a little more done than I would have liked, but no one complained!  They are New York Strips.
                                                   For dessert, Brownies! 
             I just love my new cake stand!  I got it at an antique shop a couple of months ago.
                          After dinner we played a game called "99" and then a few games of "Spades."
   Cristine, Kris

          I collect playing cards.. I probably have over 100 decks. Whenever I travel I buy a deck. People bring me cards back from their trips too!  My Mom and Dad brought me the Beatles back from their trip to England years ago.   I had a deck made of Hunter and my step grandson Noah a few years ago, too.   (They are to the right of the Beatles.)
I hope you enjoyed the "meal" and the cards!!!

Comments

Kathy and Lucky said…
What a fun, fun night!!! These are the kind of times that memories are made. The food looks real yummy.
Scrapping Julie said…
awesome! i love family time AND food!!
Susan said…
Hear that loud noise Cindy? That's my tummy growling now! I love double baked potatoes and have to make them for my son often. What a great time, food, family and fun. Doesn't get better than that now does it? Oh, what a neat collection of cards you have! TFS!

Have a great day!
Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!