Butterfly for Donor Remembrance Ceremony

Sunday, there is going to be a Donor Remembrance Ceremony here in Madison for the donor families to honor the memory of their loved ones. There will be a panel of tissue transplant recipients offering their thanks.
My Dad passed away on June 29, 2008, and he donated his tissue to help others. We were given a Butterfly to decorate to honor our loved one.
I attached the poem & pictures that we used in the Memorial Card. I added 3 large Blue flowers, 1 for my Mom, my Brother Cliff, and myself. I attached 8 small red flowers for the 8 Grandchildren, and the 1 small blue flower for Hunter, the only Great-Grandchild. I stamped various words and sayings.
My friend, Greg, made this quilt square for me. He transferred the same pictures onto fabric and outlined it with Red fabric with Stars. This square will be added to a Local and/or National Donor Family Quilt. I think it turned out wonderful! My Mom, brother Cliff, and my youngest daughter, Cristine will be going to the ceremony, with me.

Comments

Anjou Krelovich said…
What a wonderful project to honor wonderful gifts.
Michelle said…
cindy..your butterfly is wonderful ..and so full of meaning..which adds to its beauty...and the quilt is precious..
TFS!..
what a beautiful way to memorialize those who are tissue donors..and to celebrate the lives of the recipients.
Michelle said…
What a great way to honor your loved ones! I think donation is a great cause and your Dad should be honored for doing it! Here's a hug to help when you need it {{{{Cindy}}}}
loretta said…
This is a wonderful way to honor him. I am sorry for your loss, and thankful for his service to our great nation!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!