1 Mother's Day card/Medical stories/Joke of the Day

I did make this Mother's day card the other day, just didn't get it posted. I hope to get quite a few more made, because my co-workers like to buy them!! Plus I need to make a nice one for my Mom!This one is a Penny Black Stamp on Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant, bashful Blue & Creative Memories DP.
I pierced the edges of the Bashful Blue and added some Prima Flowers and button Brads. A pretty simple card!
I got my colonoscopy out of the way today. Several biopsies were taken, so I should hear something in about 10 days. Hopefully they won't find anything abnormal !!!
The colonoscopy itself wasn't bad, it's just the preparation for it!! I'll never drink lemonade again!!
If you don't like to hear about blood, then I recommend that you stop reading here..........
But don't miss the joke of the day at the bottom!!
I worked 12 hours yesterday and we were busy all day long!
Towards the end of the night a patient (74) came in who had hernia surgery a few days ago. He was just sitting outside at home in his lawnshair and his incision started bleeding.
He was just saturated in blood!!
I got him all cleaned up and the bleeding had stopped somewhere along the way. The surgeon came in, and poked and prodded him, and it just wouldn't bleed at all! Anyway the poor guy had such swelling in his scrotum that it was half the size of a football! And I am not exagerrating!! He said it had actually gone down in size about 1/3 of what it was. He had it for 3 years. Well, me, plus 2 of my co-workers tried 7 times to get an IV and some blood from him. The ER doc had to eventually try with an arterial stick, and got us 3 tubes of blood, but no IV. He was still there when I left after my shift. I'm pretty sure he was able to go home. He was such a nice man, and had already gone through cancer.
Here is my Joke of the day:

3 Nurses and a Wish
A nursing assistant, floor nurse, and charge nurse from a small nursing home were taking a lunch break in the break room.
In walks a lady dressed in silk scarfs and wearing large polished stoned jewlery. "I am 'Gina the Great'," stated the lady. "I am so pleased with the way you have taken care of my aunt that I will now grant the next three wishes!"
With a wave of her hand and a puff of smoke, the room was filled with flowers, fruit and bottles of drink, proving that she did have the power to grant wishes before any of the nurses could think otherwise.
The nurses quickly aurgued among themselves as to which one would ask for the first wish.
Speaking up, the nursing assistant wished first.
"I wish I were on a tropical island beach, with single, well-built men feeding me fruit and tending to my every need."
With a puff of smoke, the nursing assistant was gone.
The floor nurse went next.
"I wish I were rich and retired and spending my days in my own warm cabin at a ski resort with well groomed men feeding me coccoa and doughnuts."
With a puff of smoke, she too was gone
."Now, what is the last wish?" asked the lady.
The charge nurse said, " I want those two back on the floor at the end of the lunch break."

Comments

~*Joni said…
HAHAHA!! I loved that joke! :D I am sure anyone who works can appreciate that one. ;) Thank you for the evening giggles here...
Your card is so pretty! I love the sentiment on it, as my mommy and I have the most incredible relationship. You deserve to sell these to co-workers, no manufactured company can come this clost to sincerity.
Ann said…
SO pretty! I love the purples!
Love your card! Absolutely adorable! cute joke - loved it!
Michelle said…
such a pretty card...TFS!
Becky said…
Funny!! This is lovely, I am loving the purple.
Dori Shelton said…
Beautiful card! Love the swirls and flowers. I really need to get started on my Mother's day cards. Thanks for the inspiration!
Unknown said…
Another Wisconsinite!! I love the colors of the card. Thank you for sharing!! Loved the joke! :)

Jessica
Spyder said…
Love your Mother's Day Cards, purple is just perfect! Lovely picture of your wedding too!
(((Lyn)))

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!