Inspiration Challenge


I decided to make an Inspiration Challenge card. My inspiration was based on this wall print from Grandin Road. Mine didn't turn out how I had it pictured in my mind, but I like how it turned out anyway. I know it's a winter scene, and we want to be done with winter, but I really liked that print. I used SU Shimmery White & Black paper. The ink is Black. The stamp is SU Lovely as a Tree, and SaltBox Studio for the fence. I stamped the background first, then the foreground, and then added the fence. I shaded in the pink and blue sunset with Pebbles Chalk and added Opal and Silver Stickles. Then I added the 2 ribbons at the bottom.

Now for my next card, I actually made it a couple of days ago. It is kind of "plain" for me, but I really like it. (Plus it is PURPLE) I used SU Lovely Lilac, (one of my favorites) and Gina K Pure Luxury white. I stamped the white edge & the main image with SU Botanical Blooms. I used the Martha Stewart border punch on the white edge. I didn't have the size tag punch that I wanted, so I cut it out myself and layered it with designer paper and white. I added a white ribbon and the purple fiber through an eyelet to finish it off! I really like how it turned out. I've learned that when you are punching a border, it's much easier to use thinner cardstock!!
I worked Friday, luckily, only for 8 hours. It was so busy in the Emergency Dept. We only saw 25 patients, but the majority of them came in within 4 hours. At least half of them needed EKG's right away because they either had, Shortness of Breath, Chest Pain or Abdominal Pain. (It is a protocol). When I left at 4pm, there were still 12 patients left over for the PM shift. Sometimes on a Friday we can see anywhere up to 35-40 patients over 8 hours. I was really glad to leave!! I worked 8 hours today, and have to work tomorrow, on Easter for 8 hours. We were pretty busy today, but hopefully tomorrow won't be too busy due to the Holiday.
Monday will probably be quite busy, but I have the day off!! Yay!!!!
When I got home today, I had a surprise package from my Mom.
She sent me these rolls of ribbon!! I'm going to have to get a 5th container to put my ribbon in!!
As you can see, the 4 that I have are quite full now!!Well, I hope everyone has/had a nice Easter!!!

P.S. Hunter is feeling much better, back to his "normal self" per his Mom!!
Noah now has strep throat!! The poor little guy, but everyone else is healthy!!!

Comments

Becky said…
Owwwww lots of pretty ribbons :), pretty cards too, love the tree and iron fence.
Michelle said…
lovely cards and yummy looking ribbon.! TFS!
happy easter!
Cheryl Walker said…
Love your cards and the colors. also love your ribbon colors :)

Happy Easter
Spyder said…
Love the trees and fence card, Christmasy! and wow good way to sort ribbons, mine are always in a mess!
(Lyn)
Great card and love your new ribbon! I don't think a girl can ever have enough ribbon, so if I were you, I'd buy the fifth container when you buy the new forth one! lol
Tegan said…
stunning cards lucie! LOVE the sparkles on the first one :)
happy easter!
Jacquel said…
Nice cards and love all that ribbon! tfs!!
Cassie said…
that landscape is beautiful!!
Amanda said…
Cute cards. Looks like your rollin' in ribbon! I do love ribbon!
Jennifer Talley said…
Wow, I love the card with the trees. That is so pretty!! That would make a beautiful Christmas card.
Sharon said…
I love all the sparkle & shine on your winter card! :-)
Ann said…
Yay for more ribbon! ;) Love your cards.

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!