Scraps, stitching & some Resolutions!!

One of my resolutions is to try to use up some of my tons of scraps that I've accumulated in the last year or so. Another is that I am going to try not to buy anything new for quite a while too, since I have so much already!! I'm going to also try to scrapbook at least once day a week. I have all of our Christmas pictures from 2000-2007 in 1 Red Book. I have another Red book to put in 2008 & 2009. 2008 was the first Christmas without my Dad, so I haven't been able to muster up the emotions to do it yet. If I can get the Christmas's done, then I will feel like I've accomplished something! SO, here is a card made from scraps. (Except for the base)
I like this SU dp (Sorry, can't remember the name, as it is in the scrap bag!)I used the Nestabilities Blossom Two to make a flower to resemble the flowers on the dp.I sponged the flower with Pink Passion, Kiwi Kiss, Crushed Curry. I drew in the black lines with a Prismacolor pencil, (but don't look too close). Then stamped the "thank you" with the Oval All Stamp in Melon Mambo, added Magenta Stickles to the butterfly, punched it out with the SU oval punch and mounted that on Barely Banana that I punched out with the SU Scallop Oval punch. Then I added 2 pink bling hearts & Butterflies. Almost forgot, the ribbon at the top.

Here is my next attempt at stitching!! Not much stamping at all.
This is a Clean & Simple Challenge: CAS48.
The stamp is from Stephanie Barnard-the {stamps} of life, Set#4 Love2Hug
I used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots on the Gina K Pure Luxury White base.
Then I used my Creative Memories Shape Maker-Heart, for the Melon Mambo Solid and dp heart. Next I used the SU Heart punch for the white heart. The Ink is also Melon Mambo.Plus, Melon Mambo dotted ribbon. Here is a close up of the Primas and Brad. I added some Magenta Stickles.
Have a great day everyone!! Thanks for looking!!!

Comments

Becky said…
These hearts are just beautiful, love the stitching.
Cheryl Walker said…
very pretty valentines day card! I love the stitching you did around the heart!!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl
Cheryl said…
Great cards! My fav is the heart. The pink and white look great together.
Sara said…
Love your cards, the dp on the first one is gorgeous,and your stitching is great! I still have not been brave enough to do that!
Dori Shelton said…
These are both fabulous! So bright and cheerful. I love the DP and the flowers of the first one.
I am starting a new challenge on my blog. I would love to have you participate!
Very sweet cards - love the clean design on them. I really like the flower you created for the heart card.
Jacquel said…
Love these cards...they're both so pretty! Nice work!!!
Wonderful cards Cindy!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday!
Alison said…
Stitching makes such a big difference! Nice cards!
Vicki said…
Way to go, Cindy! You are doing a great job with the stitching! Wonderful cards! Blessings to you!
Karli said…
WOW! That flower is a PERFECT match to the DP! Well played :) Love the stitching around the heart :) Hopefully one day I'll be brave & try real sewing (I only faux). Have a goodie!
Natalie said…
Your stitching looks great!! I love the V day card!
Louise F NZ said…
Very cute cards, gorgeous paper and embellishments on the heart one and the paper on the top one is really cute.
Mary G. said…
Great card! Beautiful stitching!!!
Kathy said…
These are both so pretty Cindy. Love the color choices on the first one and the stitching is great on the second. Good goal to use those scraps.

I'm sure this holiday season was difficult without your father. I hope your fond memories of him can bring you some comfort.

Hugs~Kathy
paige said…
the heart card is fabulous!
good luck with your resolutions!
loretta said…
the cards are beautiful. I'll pray for you -- I lost my dad nearly six years ago and my only sister two years ago -- she died shortly after Christmas and its hard during th eholidays. Cherish those sweet memories and toast in their memory! Hugs my friend~
Scrapping Julie said…
how fantastic are these cards? i LOVE the heart one. i have a ton of scraps i need to use up too! have a great night, OH! btw i love the glue you sent in my secret sister box. i used it all weekend! and i used all the tags on some gifts at Christmas!
Kat said…
Cute heart card. I like this idea.
Dr Sonia S V said…
Lovely Flower. I have become a follower
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!