Organizing, Valentine, Thank You!

I've spent almost the entire day reorganizing my stamping area. This is my desk (looks messy, but it's really not!). I have 3 carts that I keep most of my stamps in. My finished cards are in the purple basket. Under the desk I have a lovely Panera Bread bag that holds all of my Bubble wrap and shipping envelopes. See the salt lamp on top?? Not sure if it's actually given me any health benefits yet, but I'm keeping it on!! Next is the built in bookshelves that my DH built several years ago for my huge book collection. The doors open up and there are shelves all across the back wall. To the left is my Bookmark collection. My Koala Bear and Teddy Bear are almost as old as me. I got them when I was about 1 year old! A lot of the books have left the building, and have been replaced by stamping/scrapping supplies. My primas & ribbons are on the shelves as well in those 8 white containers. To the left of my desk is my container of baggies with all of my scraps, in alphabetical order by color. Behind that is a tub with my 12x12 DP. Some of my punches are on top of the desk, and the rest are underneath in a rolling cart, among a bunch of other supplies. I have 2 other rolling carts that you can't see. One is full of embellishments, embossing stuff, extra pencils and markers, etc. The other has all of my SU and Non SU Christmas stamps.
I've only got one my mini sewing machines out. One of my resolutions was to try not to spend any more money, so I made this Marker/Pencil holder out of ribbon holders that I wasn't using anymore. I turned them upside down, and they are super taped together. I thought it was ingenious!! As long as no one bangs into my table, they will be ok!!!
I actually got 1 card made. It is a Valentine for Hunter, my 4 year old Grandson. He loves trucks, so I used the Loads of Love, and Accessories stamp. The hearts and sentiment are from Stephanie Barnard, the [stamps} of life, Set#4 Love2Hug. Paper is Real Red, Rose Red, Shimmery White & Paper Studio DP. I colored with Prismacolor markers. Nothing fancy at all, Hunter will probably just look at the truck!!
Well, back to work tomorrow for 12 hours. Here is an email that I got at work yesterday that a new co-worker sent to all of us in the department:
From: Adrian ****
To: Telephone care RN's & Clerks
Subject: Thank you
Today in my 3rd day of new employee orientation class, Cindy (**me**) from our department was praised by Ms. K****(Director of Nursing) for how she handled a suicidal call this past weekend. Ms K**** was talking about the importance of all our jobs in giving our best service to our veterans. She received a call from another department/agency praising the work that had been done in the telephone triage department with the suicidal call. When Ms. K*** was telling the story to the group, I felt even more proud to be a part of such a great group of people in the telephone care service department. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of a GREAT team!
Funny thing is, no one even mentioned this to me!!!
I really do love my job, and this helps even more!!

Comments

Kathy said…
Love Hunter's valentine, he will love it. Wow that is an awesome story about work Cindy. Don't know why they didn't csll you up and give you props for handling the situation so well. Good job!
Sandi Berg said…
Fun card! I will have to pull out my loads of love set and play!
Pat (mspfd) said…
What a great job organizing. Thanks for sharing your storage ideas. I especially like how you converted the ribbon boxes into containers for your pencils and markers! I think this is a fantastic idea and can't wait to see if something similar will work for me!

Your Valentine card is adorable. Your grandson will love it!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Excellent card- I love the Loads of Love truck with the Valentines theme. I bet they never told you about the call, cause they expect you to do top notch work all of the time.......
Scrapping Julie said…
i think it is an awesome space. very much like mine!! having someone say thank you and great job. is such a wonderful thing. congrats!!! really cute valentine card also!
Gina Lindsay said…
Love the Valentine! Thanks for sharing pics of your space, it's always nice to see others and get some new ideas. Love that repurposed ribbon holder!! Congrats too, on a job well done.
Elisabeth said…
That pencil and marker holder is fantastic! What an adorable card, your grandson will love it!
Unknown said…
I love peeking into others scrap places. I was just in Madison yesterday hitting all the craft stores and Gina K Designs in McFarland. My favorite place was Archivers....Great idea to store your pencils.
Natalie said…
Too cute!! The grandson will love it! I also like that your reinvented your ribbon holders - good work!
I envy your workspace! Haha. I was actually thinking about how to reorganize my work area, and was sad to find out it's too small to fit in the table i was hoping to get :( ANYways, thanks for sharing with us, and I'm sure Hunter will love his card! It's adorable!
JazzyH said…
Love the organization.
Karin said…
Wow! Great area and look at those supplies! Amazing! Love the valentine too. Such a cute stamp set!
Dru said…
What a sweet Valentine for a little boy - he's going to love it! Like what you're doing with your scrap room - I need to work on my own again also.
Sara said…
Darling card!!! Love the pen/pencil holder!
Dori Shelton said…
Great card! Dang, I need to remember that I have this set....
Kudos to all around Cindy. Your job must be so fulfilling. I'm happy you got recognized and you new coworker was proud too. your craft space is fabulous. I aspire to have a dedicated space like that one day. I have to stash things everywhere and pull things out when I need them and put them away. :( Your card is really special too. Cute use of that image for your grandson.
jimlynn said…
Looks very organized to me! I think it's wonderful.
Pat (mspfd) said…
Hi there! Wanted to let you know that I borrowed your idea for organizing my markers. TFS this neat idea!
Unknown said…
Your card is adorable. I am sure your grandson will love it. Great craft space. I am trying the same no buying thing. I find reorganizing can really help motivate me when I feel like having a pity party about it. Nothing like realizing how much you already have. Congrats on being recognized as a great employee. That sure does the heart good!
Vicki said…
Wow, Cindy! What a great craft space! You must have a blast in there! Love Hunter's card! So cute! And WAY TO GO with the caller. Thank you for doing what you do so well. I'm inspired to know you! Blessings to you, GF!!
Love that truck! I need to find that stamp set, everytime I see it used its always so cute!!!!
susanwilliamsrn said…
love the card...great colors
cute valentine...and i love your room...looks like I'd like to come visit! :)
Hello Cindy! I loved seeing and reading about your room! I just got a new marker storage for my Prismacolor markers and I'm so excited to use them now, but your ribbon storage containers are the best! I love a crafty and thrifty person. Sadly I spent money for mine, but it was a friend who does woodwork.

Congrats on the nonmentioned mentionable for your work.

God Bless.

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!