Taste of Madison - CASE of Chrissy's Card

Today was the annual Taste of Madison! We've gone each year since 2000, except for 2006, when he went to Las Vegas to get married!! This is my husband Tom, me, Kary & Steve (Kary & I went to Nursing school together.) She and her huband moved to Madison in March 2000, and I moved here in June of 2000!! My daughter, her boyfriend, and another friend also joined us.
I ate way too much! I had a couple of Egg Rolls, a Rib Eye Steak sandwich, Cheese Curds, Vanilla Fudge Brownie Cheesecake (yummm) and a Strawberry-Banana Smoothie! Plus 2 beers!! It took 5 hours to consume all of that! We walked around the Capitol square 4 times, so we did get our exercise in!! So that was the Taste, until next year!! Here is a card I made yesterday. I cased it from Chrissy at SCS (danceswithhooves)
I just love how it turned out!!!
Recipe:
Stamp:Lovely as a tree, Always in my thoughtsInk: Close to Cocoa, Night of Navy, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, Taken with Teal, Color Box Canary
Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury White, Tempting Turquoise DP, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Nesties, SU Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware
Please sign my GUESTBOOK at the bottom of the Blog, so that I can see where you all are from!!! Thank you!!!

Comments

Vicki said…
What a fun day! Your card is stunning! Just beautiful! Blessings to you and your family!
TannyP said…
Sounds like a delicious day! Both of your cards turned out so perfectly - love what you've done and the ribbon is perfect!
Lynn McAuley said…
Sounds like a fabulous event!! Who wouldn't love eating their way through all those yummies!!!

Gorgeous work with this awesome card!! Absolutely breath-taking!!
Echo said…
Super nice card! Love the sponging (if thats what ya did) Awsome colors - looks great! I just noticed . . . I am so close to you just outside Madison in Stoughon. : )
sounds like a blast day! good memories! love the picture! your husband has a great smile!
beautiful card! that set is truly timeless, have a great holiday weekend,
Linda P
Unknown said…
Fabulous! I love the colors and your tree turned out great!
Wow! Just gorgeous!! I love how all the blue edging makes the green tree just POP!!!
I also like your ribbon work behind the sentiment :)
Maria
Sounds like a fantastic day filled with lots of goodies!

Your card is wonderful!
MiamiKel said…
Looks like a fun day! Your card is super lovely!
paige said…
What a fun and tasty day you had! Love your card! The way you colored the tree is awesome1
Mary G. said…
Looks live everyone had a great day!! Your card is beautifully done. I love how you did the ribbon. Your coloring of the tree is beatuiful...very 'Zindorf-like'.
Teresa Kline said…
what a fabulous photo...looks like a really good time....luv your card too!

enjoy *~*
Shelly Schmidt said…
This is just beautiful!!! The colors you used together are fabulous! Looks like you had a great day and lots of delicious sounding food! TFS
Sounds like you had a fabulous time.

Your card is STUNNING.... love the look of the inks around the tree....Wow.. Your right Love how it turned out.
The Wired Angel said…
I love fairs like that... great community events. You two look terrificly happy together!

Love your card.. enjoy your holiday. Best, Peggy
Unknown said…
Welcome to Designing D.I.V.A.S. Your cards are all so lovely and Congrats on your recent anniversary.
Kathy said…
The background is just lovely! Great card. Sounds like a fun day you had!
Dru said…
Very pretty card Lucie - welcome to Designing D.I.V.A.S!!
Leigh Ann Baird said…
Mmm, all that found sounds yummy! I would go every year too! Hubby and I got married in the Las Vegas of the south...Gatlinburg, TN. LOL I call it that because there are so many wedding chapels in that area.

Your card is gorgeous!
Leigh Ann Baird said…
I meant all that FOOD sounds yummy...I can't type on a laptop!
What a charming card! Lovely As a Tree is such a great set.
Cheryl Walker said…
Love your picture, and your card!! sounds like you had alot of fun!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Cheryl
Sara said…
So pretty, love how you did the background. Sounds like you lots of fun!
Shelley said…
Pretty card. I love the sponging you did around the tree.
Lisa said…
Love the way the ribbon appears on this card. Very pretty!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!