Meet Trixie, my new "Sister", and Sweet Dreamers Challenge #8 Ebony & Ivory

I was in Wausau this weekend with my Mom. She had a stress test on Friday, since she has been having some chest pressure. The test came out normal, so it is probably just a lot of stress and anxiety. She also got me a new "Sister", Trixie!! She is a TeddyBear (Part Bichon Frise and Shitzu. She belonged to my daughter Jenn's friend, and she couldn't keep her anymore. Her name was Roxy, but my Mom changed it to Trixie. Isn't she cute?? She took her in and had her groomed and they put in these cute little pink ribbons! They didn't stay in long though! Trixie and me!! She has her new rawhide bone in her mouth, which she loves!
This is my take on the Sweet Dreamers Challenge #8, "Ebony & Ivory." We were to use only Black & White/Vanilla. I guess I was dressed for the Black & White challnge and didn't know it!! It is definately a CAS card!!
I just became a club member of The {stamps} of life, by Stephanie Barnard, so I decided to use one of those stamps for my card. I received my first set within days!! Check out her site!
Here is a close up of the sentiment. It is a nice crisp image!!!
Recipe:
Stamp: Stephanie Barnard Back2Basics Set#1
Ink: Memento Black
Paper: SU Black, Gina K Pure Luxury, Making Memories Slice B&W dp
Accessories: SU Circle, Scallop & Photo corner punches, Ribbon, Primas, Brads
PLEASE sign my GUESTBOOK at the bottom of the Blog. I would love to see where everyone comes from!!! Thank you!!!

Comments

Mary G. said…
Beautiful card, Cindy, and you little 'sister' is just adorable!!!
sarahw said…
I love black and white together. (I just posted a card with the same colors :) Great card.
Cheryl Walker said…
Hello Cindy sorry to hear your mom wasnt feeling well, im sure it is stress, also if she is still having pains in her chest , believe it or not it could be gas from stress and the air pockets move all over. I know my brother just went and had a ton of test done and they figure it to be gas pockets up in his chest, and it was affecting him arm too. Anyways he is taking something for it, and hasnt had any problems since.

Your new puppy is tooo cute!!! Love the bows in her hair and yep im sure they didnt last too long,....lol

Also love your card for the challenge, very very pretty!!!
Well im off to try to get some crafting done, in between cleaning a little :)

Have a nice day!!
Hugs,
Cheryl
Sande said…
Cindy

Your new "sister" is just adorable. I love your take on the Black & White Challenge....great job.

Glad that your Mother is all right and that her test came back normal. Stress can really affect so many parts of our body without us knowing it.
Unknown said…
Glad your momma is doing good, your "sister" is adorable! I love your cards, very nice!
Scrapping Julie said…
so glad to hear mom is well. love the black and white card.
Kathy said…
Your card is beautiful. Love all the patterns you used. Cute new "sister", too.
TrishG said…
Cute dog. Glad your mom's test was ok.
Love the photo corner elements on your card!
Glad your Mum's tests came out normal! Beautiful card and Happy new "sister"!!!
Seriously love how classy and striking this black and white card is!
Unknown said…
Very cute! Love the black and white!
JazzyH said…
Adorable dog. Great card!
Omgosh your 'sister' is so cute! It's nice to see a picture of your mom too!

Glad your mom's test came back ok! My card to her went postal late last week.

Love your card!
paige said…
Fantastic card! And what a sweet new sister!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Love your card- love your 'matching' outfit and your dog is adorable! So wonderful that your Mom's test was OK! TFS
Leigh Ann Baird said…
What a cute dog! Your card is very pretty. I love black & white together!
Michelle said…
hi cindy thanks for sharing the wonderful pics of yourself..your mom and the new addition, roxy, to the family!

your black and white card is lovely, cindy......
TFS!
michelle
loretta said…
Cindy;

I really like the black and white card, you did a terrific job with it!

Your shih tzu looks alot like ours, her name is Lexie and she is our first "fur" baby! EnjoY!
Sara said…
Your new sister is adorable! And I love your card, love the black and ivory together!
Fabulous card. Love the black and white. Such a cute doggie too. :-)
Unknown said…
I love black and white cards. This is beautiful!
Gina Lindsay said…
Adorable dog! There is just something about black and white cards, they just look so good!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!