2 Blog challenges in one!!


About a week ago I was invited to join a new Blogging group, "DESIGNING D*I*V*A*S*".
The first challenge that I'm participating in was to use a Sentiment or Word-art as the Focal point of the card.
My other Blogging Group, "Sweet Dreamers", this is our Challenge#6 "Share a Hug".
We were to make a card for someone that really needs a hug!! I made this for my Mom!!
Some of you know that we lost my Dad unexpectedly on June 29,2008 following successful heart surgery.(10 days earlier) My Mom is doing a lot better, but she still needs lots of hugs!!
We have other family turmoil going on, and that doesn't help matters at all!! SO I hope when she receives this card in the mail tomorrow, it will bring a smile to her face!!


Here is a close up of the sentiment.

Recipe:
Stamp: SU Sidekick Sayings
Ink: Blue Bayou
Paper: Blue Bayou, White card stock & Blue Bayou dp
Accessories: SU Blue Bayou Ribbon, brads, Prismacolor pencils
PLEASE sign my GUESTBOOK at the bottom of the Blog, so that I can see where all of my visitors are from!! Thank you!!!

Comments

Scrapping Julie said…
this is beautiful. fits both challenges perfectly!
Sande said…
Cindy

Gorgeous! I'm sure your mother will love it and that it will cheer her up. Sorry that she's had such a hard year...not easy losing the one you love especially unexpectedly. My father died at age 56 (30 years ago) and Mom was a basket case and has a very hard time dealing.
Mary G. said…
Cindy, your mom will love this card! Just beautiful and great job with BOTH challenges!
CarlaKH said…
Oh i love this... I just got that stamp so this is a great model for me :) sending peaceful wishes to your family...
Michelle said…
cindy your card is beautiful... and i know that your mom will love and appreciate it...very much TFS! michelle
Sara said…
I am most definite that it will bring a smile to her face-beautiful card!
cute card! I love the verse! :)
Shelly Schmidt said…
Beautiful sentiment and perfect for a hug! Hope your Mom can feel the love! TFS
Dru said…
Great card Lucie - the colors are so soothing and I absolutely love the sentiment! Have a good weekend!
Wonderful card Cindy! I'll get a card off to your mom this week sometime.
Pat (mspfd) said…
Lovely. This is one of my favorite sets!
Vicki said…
What a wonderful card, Cindy! Your Mom will love it! Great sentiment! Blessings to you!
MiamiKel said…
Terrific job - I'm sure your mom will love the hug!
Ginny said…
LOVE that stamp, fab card :0)
paige said…
Beautiful card! A perfect pick me up!
Cheryl Walker said…
Beautiful card!! I love the colors on this, and great job on the challenge!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl
LOVE this pretty card! So glad you are a Diva now (:
Unknown said…
It's a beautiful card. I'm sure your Mother will love it.
Joani McDonald said…
I found you thru SCS and glad I did. I love blogs that are more than just paper & crafts (your's is a lot like mine in that way).

Your very creative and I'll be back for more for sure!
Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs,
Joani
Leigh Ann Baird said…
This is a lovely card! I'm sure she will be happy to receive it!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

2 Cards, 3 Challenges!