Sweet Dreamers Challenge #6- Get Your Motor Running----Sad news- My Flowers

This weeks Sweet Dreamers Challenge #6, is to make a card with something that has a motor to make it run! The only motor stamp I have is this SU Loads of Love, and the accessories. I also used Firecracker Designs (Pamela Clark-Create a Scene & Little Things), and SU Branch Out. I really liked doing the tree the other day, so thought I would try another. I used Prismacolor pencils & markers, SU & misc ribbon. Ink colors are Close To Cocoa, Memento Black (My New Favorite), Green Galore, Glorious Green,Handsome Hunter, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange & Bashful Blue. Of course, the SU circle and Scallop punch.
Well to start off with the sad news... Since SU is implementing their new demo agreement, I placed my last order as a hobby demo. I don't agree that I should be censored with what I put on my blog. I use many companies supplies in my crafting, not just SU. So, the 2nd part of the bad news, is the new Blogging Group that was being formed, "Stamp-Berries", is going to be for SU demo's only, so I have dropped out, as have several others. I'm sure it would have been fun!!
But I still belong to the "Sweet Dreamers" blogging group!! I must get going on our challenge for this week! Today was our 3rd Anniversary. I "hinted" that I really wanted flowers, (hoping I would get some at work) but these were waiting for me at home! Tom says he called 4 places, but he was too late for delivery today! Maybe next year, he'll call sooner!!! They are pretty, aren't they??

Yesterday I shopped at Gina K's in McFarland,WI. Soon I will be making a card with one of my new stamp sets. I've ordered online before, but this was my first in person visit. She has a very nice shop! I will be visiting again!!

Well I have 3 days off, so I hope to get some new cards done!!!

PLEASE sign my Guestbook at the bottom of my Blog. So far, Only Ruby-Do from Northern Ireland has signed in.....I would love to see where everyone is from!!!

Comments

Vicki said…
Hi Cindy! Yes it is sad so many people are affected by the new SU requirements. Are they trying to force out the "little people"? But on a much happier note...Happy Anniversary! What beautiful flowers!! Congrats to you and hubby! Oh and I signed your guestbook! Very nice! Blessings to you!
Cindy - the flowers are lovely - how sweet of him! Hope your anniversary was wonderful.

I too will be leaving SU! Bet ya didn't even know I was a demo. There are lots of us that will be leaving from what I understand! At least we will be on the outside together!

You got to go to Gina K's store??? OMGosh - I didn't realize you were that close to her store. I am so jealous! I love her stuff and she is just the sweetest! So what did ya buy??? Can't wait to see what you create!
sarahw said…
Cindy, I am on the fence about SU! I am not a big fan of someone telling me what I can and can't have on my blog. :) I bet your visit to Gina K's store was amazing.
The Wired Angel said…
Hi Lucie.. found you through the SCS forum.. I too am a hobby SU Demo and I'll be leaving as a result of my personal rights and freedoms and their infringement. Stay in touch!! And Happy Anniversary!
The Wired Angel said…
by the way... we are looking to add another person to our SCS group.. email me if you are interested.. we would love to have you
Unknown said…
beautiful flowers ;)
sad sad news for SU
Sande said…
Love the card...the tree is sweet.

Happy Anniversary and your flowers are gorgeous.

Wow...so many people leaving SU. My daughter and I were thinking of becoming SU Demo's and now that is new rule has come about I am thinking I'm happy that we had postponed doing so. Now I doubt that I'll even thing twice about joining a company that wants to dictate your person life. One thing to have SU blog and another to have a personal one...I don't want anybody telling me what I can and can not do on my personal blog...crafting or otherwise.
Happy Anniversay!

Wow, I hadnt heard anything about the new SU rules. Its a good thing Im not involved with that because I wouldnt like being told what I could write on my blog either!!

Love the card, havent ever seen the doggies in the back before...cute stuff!
TannyP said…
Beautiful card, Cindy!

I'm sorry to hear the changes are affecting you. It's quite a large adjustment and I'm sure many others feel the same.

Your flowers are gorgeous! I hope he remembers earlier next year =)
Mary G. said…
Happy anniversary!! Sorry you're having to give up your demoship...

Great card for the challenge!

Enjoy your long weekend!
Jennifer said…
Hello stopping by from SCS forum. WOW, your detail is amazing. GREAT CARD!
Gina Lindsay said…
Gorgeous flowers and a very Happy Anniversary to you!! Love the background you have created.

Sorry about your demo status. I know I couldn't sign something like that and I admire all of you for standing up for what you believe in.
Vicki said…
Great challenge card, Cindy! Love the detail and colors!
Ellibelle said…
Gorgeous. I love the scene you created.

The flowers you received are beautiful.
xiumaiyuki said…
Your card is fantastic!!! Love the sweet scenery you created. The colors go so nicely together.

Happy anniversary!!! Your hubby is so sweet. He's a keeper! :)
Dori Shelton said…
Ditto on the SU thing for me too! I'm not signing a new IDA either. I don't make enough money with SU to be exclusive to them. Isn't it funny how, we're not "employees" but we still have to abide my competitive rules. All I can say is, "pay me a salary and I'll leave every one else behind!"
Anyhow, love the card. Haven't played with my little truck in a while...thanks for the inspiration.
Kathy said…
Love the scene you created on your card, so clever.

Orange roses are my very favorite, I think your hubby did a great job. Those flowers are just beautiful! Hope your anniversary was fabulous~and many, many more!

Also, envious that you visited Gina K. store in person. Wow, that must have been fun!
Abi Bundy said…
I LOve that card! gorgeous!
CarlaKH said…
wow.. I am so jealous of being able to go to Gina K's store! I feel like I am cut off from most things being in Winnipeg!

I agree, that SU thing is gonna be hard for a lot of people.
Belated happy anniversary wishes!
Cheryl Walker said…
Im sorry hun, I read about the SU! horrible thing they would do! You cant compare NIKe rebok situation to SU! They dont give thousands and million dollar contracts to their demos...lol I think its horrible that they would make the demos choose between 2 things they love! I dont agree with them at all, and they will pay, since most of the demos will be leaving, Im sure their all several that just use stampin up that will stay, and that is fine. But you have all these ladies that design for other companies, and they get hundreds a month in free stamps, plus a very nice discount, so stampin up might want to STEP UP!!! I was going to be a demo, and will NOT now, due to this change:)

Hugs to you hun, and hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Cheryl
Kirstin said…
Really cute card! I love that cabin in the background!! Any your flowers are beautiful! Happy belated anniversary!
Shelly Schmidt said…
Happy Anniversary! Your card is just wonderful and you have achieved success with her technique as your card so beautifully displays!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

2 Cards, 3 Challenges!