Featured Stamper Challenge

This week's Featured Stamper at SCS was StampMuse. You are to change at least 2 things on the card. I used a different stamp image, different colors, and different Nestie shapes. My card was based on her card.
The recipe:
Stamp: SU Crazy for Cupcakes, Misc See Dees Happy Birthday
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Yoyo Yellow, Lovely Lilac, PTI White, American Crafts DP
Ink: Black & Lovely Lilac
Extras: Prismacolor markers, Nesties, CB, Stickles, Ribbon, Paper Flower/Ribbon & Brad, Oval punch & Scallop Oval punch Well, now onto some important stuff!!!
Yesterday when I was at work, I received an email. I was so surprised to be notified.

Please read:

From: ***,Sheila
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:14 PM
To: ***, Cynthia A.; ******.
Subject: EXCELLENT JOB Kudo's
Importance: High

Cindy, You did a tele triage call this weekend on a *****. This lady called with “arm pain” you noted it as an emergency, she took your advice and went to the hospital. She ended up having a AAA repair and is now in stable condition in ICU at ****.
YOU SAVED HER LIFE!! Nice job!

Acting Nursing Coordinator(today)
Sheila *** RN,BSN
Neurology Clinic Nurse
***

I am so glad that the lady survived!! I also do Telephone Triage besides working in the Emergency Department. We don't always learn the outcomes of our telephone triage calls, unless they come into our Emergency Dept. We do telephone triage for 7 Hospitals in 3 states.

For those of you who do not know what AAA is, it means "Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm"
(An aortic aneurysm involves the aorta, one of the large arteries through which blood passes from the heart to the rest of the body. The aorta bulges at the site of the aneurysm like a weak spot on an old worn tire.) When this aneurysm ruptures, you can bleed to death. Less than 40% of people survive a ruptured AAA.

I just finished working 60 hours in 6 days. So Tuesday, is finally my day off!!! I am going to relax, relax, relax!!!

Comments

Wow, Lucie! That is awesome! That is so often undiagnosed until it's too late. My grandfather and FIL both had this condition and were very lucky to have it discovered. Others in the family tree were not so lucky.

My sister had an ascending aortic aneurysm and was about to rupture when they discovered it ONLY because she insisted on the proper echo knowing it was in the family. Kudos to you! You earned your time off so relax and enjoy!

BTW, your card is adorable! Love those nesties!
susanwilliamsrn said…
great card...good job at your work...we dont usually hear about the good things we do as nurses...but we sure hear the complaints...
Dori Shelton said…
Kudos to you for being such a great nurse! The card is fabulous too, I love the bright colors.
Wow! You must be so excited to know that you saved her life!

Wonderful card!
Amy J said…
Beautiful card and WTG on the save! Nurses are always a blessing!
TannyP said…
Beautiful card, but what really takes my breath away is that YOU SAVED A LIFE!! Fabulous work, Cindy!! A true hero =)
Jacquel said…
This is soo cute! tfs!!!
loretta said…
That is so awesome that your friend was ok! That is such a blessing you know your stuff!

Your card is just adorable!
Sande said…
Fantastic card.

Wow! You must feel just wonderful for saving this ladies life. Incredible job and so rewarding...hats off to you. This lady will forever be in your debt. My neighbor saved my life in November and I can never thank her enough.

Nurses are the best....I hold them in the highest regard after spending five weeks in the hospital.
love the sugar on your cupcake!

How nice to know you helped save a life and how nice they let you know it! :)
paige said…
Wow, your story is awesome! Way to go!
Your cupcake card is a Wow too!
Laura Jean (LJ) said…
Beautiful card and wonderful news from the nursing world! I'm from Madison too and have the utmost respect for that profession (I work with quite a few nurses at my job as well)
Shelly Schmidt said…
Love your nice FS card! I love the colors! Wow- what a triage story- I bet you are very intuitive and insightful! God was looking down on that lady for sure- you were her angel!!! TFS
Mary G. said…
Fabulous card!! What an inspiring story- she had an angel here on earth and that angel was YOU!
Kathy said…
Love the fun and colorful card. Thanks for sharing your story, too. Great job at work, so nice they let you know the outcome, too!
Anonymous said…
Love the yellow in the cupcake card--and thrilled to hear the news about saving someone's life. That is wonderful!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

2 Cards, 3 Challenges!