Celebrate!!!

  Hey there!! I've been gone awhile, I know!  Thought I would get a bunch of posts ready first, but it didn't happen.  Anyway, I had some surgery done last Wed, 3-14. Came home on Friday, but went to the ER on Sunday with a lot of shortness of breath. Turns out I had 2 moderate to large pulmonary effusions. I had about 2 liters of fluid in my chest cavity around my lungs, making it hard for me to breathe. So I got admitted over night, had some IV diuretics and after peeing a lot, I went home on Monday. I am feeling a whole lot better now.  Even pain is much better.  My Mom was here visiting the whole time, so that helped. My 2 DD's were with me as well, a lot of the time.  They scared me in the ER telling me the "usual" way to get rid of the fluid is with chest tubes and needles and such. Glad we didn't go that route!!

    Anyway, here is a card I made before all of that!!  Isn't it a cutie??  He is a Sassy Cheryl's digi called  "Thank God For Summers-Boy".  I colored him with Copics, shaded with Pebbles Chalk. The card stock is Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and the dp is a new Gina K, called "Casual Friday". The sentiment is from an SU Set, Spring Pictograms.
 Don't you just love how the ribbon matches this paper??
      I'll have to make some more of these, and get a little more creative with the boy's clothes...Not my comfort zone!! 
 I'm off for another week and a half, so hopefully I can get some creativity flowing!!

Comments

Kathy said…
Holy moly Cindy, that sounds like a really scary time over the weekend. Glad you are feeling better and so happy they could get rid of the fluid w/o chest tubes! Take care of yourself and relax while you heal.

Love this card! Great boyish colors and fun plaid paper. You can't help but smile when you see this cute little guy!
Unknown said…
Gosh Cindy! Sounds like you have had quite a health scare. I am so glad you are okay now. You take care of yourself! I suggest lots of sitting down at your crafting desk making cards : ) Hope you feel lots better soon.
Alicia xx
Wow - you've been through a lot lately! I'm glad you are feeling a whole lot better!!!! Sorry you had to experience it!

Great boy card! What a fun image!!!
Linda Palmer said…
Cindy, so glad your are feeling a little better. That must have been scary. I love your card, so cute. He is adorable. Take good care of yourself and keep us updated.
Unknown said…
Thank you Cindy for your lovely message on my “Monday,Blues post ” when I went to look after Mum and Dad . It was so kind of you and I was overwhelmed by your kindness.
Dad is much better now, he has a recurring abscess , but a course of anti-biotics seems to do the trick. Sadly Mum had a massive stroke 4 years this May and will never be fine, she is unable to move or speak , but she can communicate by facial expressions, Dad is her carer , she has 4 x2 carers visits per day. So when Dad gets poorly I have to step to care for them both. Thank you again for your kindness. I am now back and on track . Hugs Elaine
Unknown said…
Cindy. what a weekend you had I am so sorry that you had to go through so much ,but as you say it was good that your mum was around.You must have been so frightened. I am so glad they were able to help and you are back home and feeling better, Take it easy
Hugs Elaine
Unknown said…
Wow cindy I sure hope you are over the worst now and can get your health back!!!!!! Wow you sure have through a lot!!!!!! Your card is yes so so adorable!!!! I love it!!!!!! Wow!!!!
Scrapping Julie said…
your card is precious! but more about you! goodness gracious. i am so glad you had your mom and daughters with you. it makes the issue so much better to deal with. glad you are doing much better! here is to a speedy recovery!
Kathy and Lucky said…
Well, so glad you are better, don't be scaring me like that again. Prayers for a speedy recovery. By the look of your adorable card, you still have it, so sit, rest and keep on coloring.
Susan said…
OMG Cindy! I am sooo sad to hear you've been going through this. I do hope you are feeling better now. How awful! Thank God you had your girls and Mom there with you. I can't even image how much pain you must have been in. Please make sure to take it easy until you feel back to normal, don't push it. Lil Hunter needs his Gammy healthy! Speaking of Hunter, I bet he was on your mind as you were making this cute card huh? I do like how the ribbon and paper matches perfect! And you did fine with the boys clothes. It's so cute how his belly is hanging out! I'll be keeping you in my prayers Cindy, please take care of yourself.

{{Hugs}}
Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com
Ann English said…
Oh, Cindy, I am sooo sorry to read about this horrible ordeal. Pray you are well on the mend. Take care of yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

Winter Birthday Card