Summer Swinging!!

  Isn't she a cutie?? This is a Prairie Fairy digi called "Summer Swinging".  I know, there is a lot of orange!!  I thought it looked kind of "springy." Card stock is Only Orange, Gina K Pure Luxury White. I made this for the Crazy 4 Challenges, using only 2 layers. BUT...the challenge ended yesterday and I didn't enter it in time. Oh well.....
 I tore the paper and sponged it with Only Orange. Added some ribbon, a Prima and brad and a new Petaloo flower.  Of course, colored her with Copics.  Notice, she does have purple glasses and tinted lenses of a very light lilac!!
   This was a fun card to make. It was hard to only use 2 layers, though.
I was on a roll yesterday. I actually made 6 cards!!! Most in one day.  I guess it was the snow falling that did it to me!!
    My wonderful friend, Susan over at Cricut & Grasshopper gave me this awesome award!!
  Here is a little info on the Green Blend Award:
This award was created by Beckie of Just B Creative Crazy
The "Green" portion represents how we should be kind to one another and help one another...such as being "Green" and helping our environment. Re-issue the kindness that someone once gave to you as an infant blogger. Recycle the ideas you have learned or invented to pass along to up and coming crafters. Reduce the frustrations of wanting to be a blogger with magnitude."
   Here are the terms under which this "Green Blend Award" are to be given:
1. This award is for any co-blogging friend who has helped you develop your blog in any and all ways.
2. This award is for any co-blogging friend who has cheered you along in your blog building, craft advancing career.
3. This award is for any co-blogging friend who always stops by and is kind to you. You can count on them to always be one of the great comments at the end of your post.
4. This award is to be given to 3 to 5 friends whom you feel meet the listed requirements.
5. Create a post with the terms of use and publish your Blends of choice.
6. Blend of choice may copy the award from your blog and proudly post it on theirs. 7. Blend of choice may continue the kindness by issuing the award to keep the circle forever growing.
   I would like to pass this on to those that continue to inspire me and are there for me.
This is my way of saying "Thank you."
  Susan at Cricut & Grasshopper.  I know she just gave me the award, but she fits all of the criteria!! She has been an inspiration to me and ALWAYS gives me great comments and makes me laugh!!  (I guess we do have a similiar sense of humor!)  I'm so glad I found her and have her as a blogging friend!!  Visit her blog and see her awesome work!
   Kathy at The Lucky Stamper. I have known her for quite a few years now, from Splitcoast Stampers.  She has always inspired me and leaves encouraging comments. She shares her blog with her dog Lucky, and I just love seeing the new picture almost every day of Lucky's latest antics! Check it out, you'll love her blog!
  Linda, over at Linda's Stamping Blog.  Linda is a very kind person. She sounds like a very busy person, but yet takes time to always leave a comment on my blog. Her work is very inspiring. She is very talented!! Stop and visit her blog to check out her creations!! 

Comments

Jennifer said…
This card is sheer delight! So bright and happy! I love how you've used the paper tearing and the ribbon!
Cute cute image!!! Colored perfectly!!!

Love those ribbons too :)
Unknown said…
Oh Cindy this did make me smile. What a happy image.
Love the ripping and tearing well done
Hugs Elaine
Kathy and Lucky said…
My stars, thank you, thank you, you are the sweetest and I truly appreciate your passing the award to me and the sweet comments and your friendship. It is always such a pleasure to come on over to your blog and see your great creations (Lucky thanks you also). Your card is so cute, what a darling image and colored so perfectly.
Susan said…
Hi Cindy!

I know what you mean about two layer cards! You did a beautiful job though. I even love how you gave her hair some highlights!

Thank you for the shout out also! I'm excited to see the cards you made. Ten! Good job!

Have a wonderful day!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com
Debbie said…
Yes Sweetie, that is a lot of orange.. but it is so bright and cheery. Love it!!!

Hugs
Debbie
Unknown said…
Oh my this is so adorable!!!!! Another wonderful image and your coloring is superb!!!!! Wow love it!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

Winter Birthday Card