Sweet Dreamers' Challenge #1-About Me!

Here is the first Challenge card for our new Blogging Group on SCS, "The Sweet Dreamers"
We were to make something using our favorite color, which of course is PURPLE, and showing something that we like to do other than stamping.
So, since I am an RN, this was the perfect stamp!
When I was in High School, I was a Candy Striper and our uniform was Red & White Striped.
I once had a pair of very sparkly Silver shoes that I wore to a wedding, so I made these shoes sparkly PURPLE!
The crochet flower at the top, is of course PURPLE too.
My Grama taught me how to crochet many years ago.
I made my Grandson Hunter a Baby Blanket 4 years ago, and it even made my daughter cry tears of joy!! It had been years since I crocheted anything!
Now this flower, I did NOT crochet. I bought some on ebay!! I would have no idea how to do it!! Also, I love flowers, and I really like this Mulberry Paper!! I also used Lovely Lilac, Bashful Blue (to bring out the blue fibers in the Mulberry paper) and PTI White. I used black ink to stamp the Whipper Snapper "Morgan" Image. (My niece's name is Morgan) I also used Primas and brads, which I attached with Dimensionals. Don't look too close at her hair!! I was trying to add a few low-lights, but it didn't turn out how I was hoping. Ooops, almost forgot, all of the coloring was with Prismacolor Markers!!



I got this wonderful award from my friend Michelle on SCS.
Michelle is a wonderful gal. She has sent multiple cards to my Mom to help brighten her days! I'm very glad to know her!! Plus she is extremely talented!!

To pick up the Circle of Friends Blog Award:

Cut and paste the award logo and use it on your own blog.
Nominate at least 5 other bloggers you feel have become part of your circle of friends.
Link to your nominees, within your blog post and include these instructions on how to pick up the award in your blog post.
To show your appreciation to the person who gave you the award, link back to their blog. Finally, comment on the recipient’s blogs, to let them know they've received the award.

So, now it is my turn to pass this on - in no special order
(I hope this works, I've never tried this before!!!)

Carla @ http://scrappypug.blogspot.com/
Vicki @ http://bountifulblessings2u.blogspot.com/
Jessica Lynn @ http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth @ http://stampinelizabeth.blogspot.com/
Cheryl @ http://sweeetdesignsbycheryl.blogspot.com/

Comments

Vicki said…
Cindy, this is so sweet! I am truly honored! Blessings to you!
paige said…
Cute GTKY challenge card! I love the image! My daughter is also a nurse and I am always stamping her cards and other items to show how proud of her we are. I'll be on the lookout for this stamp!
Tami said…
Love the card, love the stamp and love the sparkly shoes.
Mary G. said…
LOVE it!! The sparkly shoes are the best! :) Great job on the challenge!
Ann said…
Your candy striper is adorable! (I was one, too, in HS.) Great job on your challenge!
Sande said…
I love this card....it fits you perfectly. I have such high regard for nurses after being in the hospital for 5 weeks. This card would be perfect to send the group that took such excellent care of me.

Fantastic job.
Sande
Teresa Kline said…
this is very sweet and pretty!

enjoy *~*
How fun that your nurse has shiny shoes! Looks like your really put a lot of yourself into this first challenge.
Unknown said…
Too cute! Love the shoes!
Bananastamper said…
Cute card, love that crocheted flower!
Shanna
CarlaKH said…
love the card and thanks for the circle of friends thingy! too sweet.
xiumaiyuki said…
What a cutie patootie!!! Love how you did her shoes.
Ramona said…
How cute. My granddaughter is a lover of purple. She has blond hair too so needless to say, I really like this card!
What a wonderful card! I remember those red and white "candy Stripper' uniforms! I hear the flowers are easy to crochet, I just haven't tried yet. Bet our grandmas could make them in no time! Mine could crochet anything and taught me too!

have a wonderful day!
Cheryl Walker said…
Awwww this is way tooo sweet!!! Love your challenge card hun:) Also Congratulations on your award, and thank you for passing this on to me,you are way tooo sweet:)

Hope you are having a wonderful day so far!!

Hugs,
Cheryl
Cassie_lu said…
great job representing yourself. i really like how you wrote up the explination :)
loretta said…
Really like what you did with the challenge, they are alot of fun! Congrats on the blog award as well!
Anonymous said…
i ADORE your card! that image is too sweet! i love purple too! and those flowers ARE easy to crochet!!
TannyP said…
She's sooo cute! Great job!
Kim said…
OMG what a sweet sweet card!
Karli said…
Great job on your card- and purple IS the best! :)
cr8iveme said…
adorable card. Congrats on your award.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS
Becky said…
This card is so cute, I love those sparkly shoes.
Kathy said…
Love all the ways you tied so many of your favorite things and things about you into this card. Such a cute image, and nicely colored, too. Fun card.

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!