I haven't been on for a week, since I lost my ENTIRE Hard-drive. I am so upset over it.
I do have some pictures on CD's, but not many. Luckily most of them are on Shutterfly and thank goodness all of my cards are on SCS, and the majority of them I just posted to Facebook about 2 weeks ago!! Here is nice picture of my Dad & Mom from a few years ago when they went to a wedding. Last week on June 29 was the 1 year Anniversary that my Dad died. I spent the weekend with my Mom. We kept busy making Strawberry-Banana Jam. It turned out very yummy!! I miss him so much!!
I did get busy and got some cards made. I've borrowed this set, so I actually made 5 of these cards! I posted my first 2 a couple of weeks ago. I tried 2 different colored yellows. I like the look of Summer Sun (on top) better than YoYo Yellow. (bottom). I'll have to try some different color combinations. I think black and yellow would be great too!Well, I've got a lot of work ahead of me, trying to replace the many things that I lost on my hard drive. I've got my Camera software loaded, so thats a start!
I hope everyone has a good weekend!!

Comments

Vicki said…
Oh Lucie! Bless your heart! What an ordeal! Your cards are so cute! And the pic of your folks is just precious! I miss my Dad, too. Blessings to you!
Anonymous said…
OOH, the jam sounds yummy! Would love to see your recipe for that!!
Cassie_lu said…
the jam sounds super yummy and I am sure your mom was thankful you spent that day with her.

your cards are really cute too. What a fun stamp set.
Michelle said…
oh so cute... i dont use this set as much as i should... thank for reminding and inspiring me...

your cards are wonderful! TFS!
Kirstin said…
You made me tear up over your dad and then smile at your cute bee cards. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry!!

Good luck gathering all your old data - that is a major loss as well!
Ann said…
Ugh! Sorry to hear about your computer woes! Your cards are adorable though!
Anonymous said…
Adorable cards. Hugs to you and your mom. rita w
Unknown said…
so sad to hear about your computer!
great card and yummy treats on your posts below. now I want a strawberry w/chocoalte ;)
Jacquel said…
I love the pic of your parents...tfs! The cards are too cute...I hope you have a great weekend!!
Leslie said…
I love bees;) Great job!
So sorry about the hard drive.

Huge HUGS to you! I lost my dad in February - I feel your pain and heartache!

and your card is so cute!
My mailman had a package for me today! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH. You are so sweet! ((hugs))
Ramona said…
The more I see of that set, the more I like it. You did a good job in this card. Your parents are sweet looking.
Becky said…
How terrible Lucy, I am so sorry. Good thing you have most of your cards in different places. This is so cute.
Blessings
Cheryl Walker said…
That was nice of you to spend some time with your mom.

Love the cards they are cute, and sorry about your computer, yikes youve had alot going on. Well take some relax time and enjoy the day!

Hugs to ya!
Cheryl
~*Joni said…
Lucie, I am so sorry about your computer. Grrr...what a pain modern technology can be sometimes. With that said, I absolutely love that picture of your mom and dad, what a wonderful couple they made! I too lost my dad 13+ years ago but still feel his presence everyday. :D
Your cards are adorable, I like them in both shades of yellow as it is such a happy color. Glad I found you through the blog comment thread on SCS. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Gina Lindsay said…
I lost my hard drive a couple of months ago so I can feel your pain. I know the past year has had to be tough on you and your mom, I am sure it makes her time with you even more special.

Strawberry-Banana Jam? Sounds delicious.
Donna Baker said…
Hi there! I'm just blog hopping around and can't remember where I found you! Sorry to hear about you losing your dad last year. I can say after having lost mine 29 yrs ago I STILL miss him! I feel like my childhood was robbed (I was just 9 when it happened) I'm glad you have many years of great memories and he walked you down the aisle at your wedding! I'd love to chat with you when you get a chance--I'm thinking about going to school to be an RN and would love to pick your brain about it! cute cards!
beautiful parents.....nice way to spend a day with your mom!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!