Talk about Stress!!

Well, it has been a very busy week for me!! This past weekend I went to visit my Daughter Jenn and my Grandson Hunter. He has been sick with cold symptoms for over 2 weeks. He had been to the doctor 2 times and put on 2 different antibiotics. We decided to go to the Humane Society and pick out a Kitty! We all chose Rascal, an 8 month old Tabby.

Jenn & Hunter were able to adopt him, and take him home the same day!! We all had a fun weekend playing with Rascal.
Hunter had a check up on Monday and was told that everything was fine! The next morning around 3 am, he woke up his Mama complaining that his ear hurt. She decided to let him sleep in and not go to daycare on Tuesday. He played that night with company & Rascal. The next morning his ear and tummy hurt, and she decided that he wouldn't go that day either. He remarked about not having to go to daycare and she thought maybe he was "fibbing" about his aches. He then developed a fever, so she took him back to the Urgent Care and he got to see his doctor again, who said he had a full blown ear infection, his eardrum was bulging and had pus in it! He was put on anitbiotics and sent home. That night his fever got to 102. I advised her to take him back to the Urgent Care or the ER, which she did. Finally someone took xrays and did blood work! His fever at this time was 104.7 !! His belly was full of gas, he had Left Lower Lobe Pneumonia and DOUBLE ear infections! He was admitted to the hospital that night! I left work 2 hours early, and drove right up there. I got there at 1 am. He had an IV to get IV antibiotics, and fluids.

We didn't get much sleep last night! Today his ears look much better, he isn't coughing nearly as much and his fever is down. He has to be without a fever for 24 hours, then he can go home, hopefully Friday afternoon!! So, needless to say, Jenn is now going to be taking him to a new Pediatrician, actually the Doctor who saw him in the Urgent Care. I was so scared!! I hated it when my kids were sick, I hate it when my Grandkids are sick too!! To top it all off, I am supposed to be leaving in the morning for Gulf Shores, AL for a week with my DH and Mom.
I've worked 12 hours shifts all week, so I haven't even been able to create at all! I am going to work on a project in the car though!! I saw a blog that had a great idea for my ribbon. I used to keep it in Ribbon holders that I got at Joann's and Hobby Lobby. But it wasn't convenient and took up too much space. So I had a piece of old matting borad, which my DH cut into 2-1/2" x 2" pieces. I plan to wrap the ribbon on it, and secure it with hair rubber-bands, then put them in drawers. I will post a pic when I finish it.









Comments

Anjou Krelovich said…
Yikes Lucie. I'm glad your grandson is doing better. Hopefully he will be home today. Sick kids are so scary. Hope you can relax and still have fun on your trip!
Ginny said…
it's awful when you know your kids are sick and the "professionals" don't listen until they are REALLY sick...hope he gets better soon and TRY and relax and enjoy your trip (I know, easier said then done..lol)
Nancy said…
So glad your grandson is better and good for you and his mom for pushing him to be seen by a doctor!!
Cheryl Walker said…
Aww love how the cat is with him, that is soo sweet!! I do hope that he is feeling much better:)

Love the ribbon holders tooo, arent they neat :)
Becky said…
So sorry to hear about your grandson, I am glad he is alright.
Jacquel said…
Wow! I'm glad he's doing better and hope he gets to go home soon!!!
Teresa Kline said…
your daughter and grandson are adorablely sweet....I am looking for ribbon storage too! tfs *~*
Maureen said…
wow - glad your grandson is doing well now - and very glad he has a new pediatrician! I know I hated hated hated when my dd was sick like that...it is scary....Hope your new grand-kit is doing well - seems very cute and happy to have a family!!
maureen
Anonymous said…
I sure hope your Grandson is on the mend. I love the picture of him and the new cat on the couch. They really have bonded quickly.
Michelle said…
Poor baby!! OMG! I hope he's feeling better now! Kudos to you too and your family for helping another animal! They need love too!
Wendy said…
Good grief! I'm so sorry your grandson had to go through all that! I'll say a prayer for him!
paulssandy said…
Oh My! The poor little kiddo! I would switch Dr. too. So glad to know he is feeling better and that no damage occured to his ears!
Sandy O
www.papertransformer.com
Arlana 11426 said…
Im glad to here your grandson is doing better. Grandsons are such treasures in life. You sure have a fun ribbon statch there.

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

Winter Birthday Card