March 29, 2008

Well, today was a sad day. It has been 9 months today that my Dad died. In some ways its seems like yesterday, but then it also seems like forever.
I had to work, but it was a very, SLOW day. We only saw 3 patients in our Emergency Room! Usually on a Sunday we can see anywhere from 10-20. We had about 2" of snow last night, so maybe that's what kept them all away!
Yesterday was a good day. Our Grand-daughter Brooke Elizabeth was born at 5:03 am. I don't have a picture downloaded yet, but she is really a cutie.
She was 6 lbs. 14 oz and 20" long. Has lots of dark hair too. She is the daughter of Kari & Jason (my husband Tom's son) I stopped after work yesterday and held her for about 20 minutes!! She was born via C-section, because she just didn't want to come out on her own!

I did get one card made this weekend. It was for a color challenge of Black & White on
SCS. It is much prettier in real life!!
Recipe:
Stamp: Always in my thoughts, Beyond the basics
Paper: DCWV Glitter Mat Stack, SU Shimmery White, Black & Misc Grey
Accessories: SU Circle & Scallop punch, Creative Memories Wavy Cutter, Primas, Brads, Silver Stickles, Black Velvet Ribbon, Dimensionals, Paper piercer.

Comments

NavyGirl said…
Congrats on the new addition to your family :)

I had to laugh when I saw your profile, because my future mother-in-law is named Cindy, and she lives in Madison, WI too! I teased my fiance that his mom has a secret craft life online :) Found your site through SCS... happy crafting!
Ginny said…
Congrats to both you and your family

I love B&W card and this is no exception..fab :0)
Jacquel said…
Your card is stunning! love black & white together and your layout rocks!!
Sharon said…
I love the little flowers at the bottom of your card! Congrats on the new G-D!!
I like how you made a b&w card so interesting with the use of all the textures and patterns.

Congrats on your granddaughter!
Megan said…
This is such a cute card!! Great color combo, with stunning results!!
Kim said…
I love this card, the layout is wonderful and I love the wave of flowers.
DG said…
Congrats on the new addition :)

This card is great. I haven't ever tried a B&W card, but seeing this card makes me want to try it. TFS!

Dee
Elizabeth said…
Really gorgeous card! Congrats on the new little one!
Tegan said…
I have that sparkly black striped paper! I lov what you did with it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

Winter Birthday Card