Is it really all Black & White??


I didn't get to post yesterday, as I had to work 12 hours!!! It wasn't really busy, so the time really dragged by! I spent the entire shift doing Telephone Triage. Didn't really have any interesting calls. I did have to send the police to check on a patient who was very depressed, and it turns out the ambulance took him in for evaluation. So...maybe I saved a life!!
Yesterday was a sad day, though, because it was 8 months that my Dad died. I thought about him all day long. The pain will never go away, I just hope that some day most of my thoughts will be happy ones instead of sad ones.
Well, to get on with my challenge card. Kelly had so many beautiful cards to pick from it was a hard decision. I finally came up with this one. I didn't have any designer paper in Black & White that I really liked, (so I guess I'll have to shop again!) so I made my own with "It's Beautiful", the jumbo SU Wheel, for the top part of the card, and "Background Basics" for the bottom part. It's not as dark as I would have liked. Then I made multiple layers of black and white and added ribbon on top of that . I then used "Warm Words" to stamp the word "Wonderful" and used the SU Oval punches to punch out the word and the black background. I added 2 brads and silver stickles to it too.
For the flower image, I used "Tags'n More" and of course, had to use Purple to color in the flowers. I used the Scallop punch for the image and the black background, then layered that on white and black again. I used the Ticket corner punch on the white, and layered in on black. I added white button brads and silver stickles to the corners. Then I added some final silver stickles to the flower image and the ribbon.
Well, that's it for today. Have to get ready for work. Only 8 hours today!!

Comments

Ann said…
So sorry to hear about your dad. It does get easier with time, and eventually the happy thoughts will far outweigh the bad.

Lovely card--I like the bit of purple against all the b&w.
Kristine said…
This card is SO beautiful!
I really love it!
TFS
Hugs from Kristine in Norway;)
Unknown said…
hugs ;)
and its a lovely card.
Heidi said…
My thoughts coming to you.
This card is very elegant!
Anjou Krelovich said…
Great card! I love how you made the b/w combo seem so vibrant!
sarahw said…
I love how elegant your card looks. Black and white are one of my favorite combos.
Darlene said…
This is a beautiful card ... love the slight touch of color!! Sorry about your dad's passing ...time will help you heal and ALL the memories will be GOOD ONES!! My dad will be gone 20 years on St. Patty's Day so needless to say it was certainly a holiday I won't forget!! Put the sad memories on the back burner and just try to think of ALL the wonderful, good times you shared!! Each day will be a little easier.
Mary G. said…
This is such an elegant card. Black & white together are SO striking! You did a wonderful job with this challenge!!
Hi Cindy! I am so glad to see you back stamping again! Your blog looks fabulous! I am so sorry it was a tough day missing your dad.
Your card is beautiful! I will be back to check you out! {{hugs}}
Becky said…
Sorry to hear about your dad. This is a gorgeous card, and no it is not all black and white :).
Debbie Corbari said…
I had to check out your blog b/c I saw you on SCS and you are from Madison WI! My in-laws live in Stoughton and I think that's kind of close? LOL! Anyways, your card is BEAUTIFUL and i'm so sorry about the loss of your dad. I lost my dad, suddenly, over 6 years ago now. Trust me that the pain eases up. I think about him every day, see him in my children. If I'm in a mood to cry (we all get those moods!) I think of him and it's easy. BUT mostly thinking of him makes me happy...and usually makes me laugh...so TRUST me..it'll get easier.
Karen W said…
Very pretty card and thank you for the nice comments on my SC gallery!! I'm not very far from you, I miss Jazzy's store!
Mandy said…
This is wonderful! What a beautiful card...love the little bit of purple.
Cheryl Walker said…
Im sooo sorry about your loss!!

I wanted to also tell you that your card is very very pretty in the black and white!!! Great job :)
Hugs to you!!!
Cheryl
Jenn Embry said…
Very pretty card. I love just that little bit of color.
cr8iveme said…
beautiful card.

hugs.

M.E.

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

Winter Birthday Card