Soup!!!

    I haven't been too crafty lately, but I have been cooking!!!  I've been into soup!!
This first soup is the family recipe for Vegetable soup with meatballs.  I kicked it up a notch by adding barley, corn and pieces of beef. The key ingredient is Allspice. My Grama always put in whole, I used both whole and ground. It was very tasty!! (Gram put in 20 whole allspice. I added ground, not sure how much, just keep adding until you like the taste.)   Just make sure you don't eat the whole ones!!!  Yukkkk
   Here is my next "creation."  I added Butter beans, Dark Red Kidney beans and Black beans.  I added the ground allspice plus garlic, parsley, and Five spice powder.  It turned out more like a stew instead of a soup, but still yummy!!!
    Next is my Chicken Vegetable soup. It has chicken breast and thigh pieces plus chicken meatballs.  The veggies in all soups are celery, onion, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes.  I added some chopped red cabbage to this one, but you can't see it at all.  For this soup I didn't use potatoes, but a 1/2 bag of has brown that I had in the freezer.  This one doesn't have tomatoes either.  
   Yesterday I went to the Emergency room.  I was having chest pain for 2 days. I "knew" it wasn't my heart!
I am a nurse, after all!  We are the worst patients!!!  I went to work for an hour, then drove myself to the ER. All the way there (5 minutes) I thought for sure I was having a heart attack!! I had pain in my left shoulder and arm, and my hand felt tingly.  Well, turns out, my heart is fine. (See, I knew it!!)  My labs and EKG were normal. I had a stress test and that was good.  So most likely it was due to stress, and then anxiety, worrying about it!!   My Dad had his first heart surgery around my age, and then the next one at 72. He died 10 days after his successful surgery. My younger brother, had his first heart surgery at age 35.  so far....I've bee blessed with the good heart genes!! I had a cardiac cath 4 years ago, and it was great.
   I had a very stressful day at work on Sunday with one of my co-workers, and I think it set me off!! 
So, now I need to learn to relax more and not let things bother me so much!!! Ha...easy to say!!!
   Maybe tonight or tomorrow night I can get to a card or 2 made!!!

Comments

Linda Palmer said…
The soups all look yummy. Would you post the amount of allspice you use. I want to try this soon. Get to feeling better and I am so glad it wasn't your heart.
Unknown said…
Well I sure am happy that everything is ok with your health. This means that we can all go to your house to have a taste of that yum yum soup!!!! i can smell it from here!!!!! Have a great day!!!!!
Jennifer said…
This looks soooo yummy! I'd love to have a bowl of it!
I'm so glad to hear you're ok!Do take care of yourself.
Debbie said…
OMG!!! I am glad you are OK.. Glad you are a nurse but those did seem like the right signs for one. But most importantly you are OK just take it easy for the next few days. Doctors' Orders!!!!

Now on to your soups, nothing better than a bowl of soup. They are comfort foods in my house. They look DELISH!!!!
Kathy and Lucky said…
My stars you gave me a fright, so glad all is OK! Now sit down relax and have some this awesome soup you have been making, wow they look yummy.
Darlene said…
Hi Cindy! Just wanted to pop by to see what you've been up to ... YUMMO ... these soups all look FANTASTIC!! And, to thank you for visiting my blog! It's always nice to see a friendly face!!
Take care of yourself and so glad your heart scare was just that ... a scare! Not the real thing! Happy Crafting!!
Susan said…
Yummm, these soups look so good Cindy! Allspice huh? Interesting. I'm glad your trip to the ER didn't show anything bad and kuddos to you for not ignoring it. Better to be safe than sorry. I see you finally broke that Cricut out! Excellent! Don't forget to go to the Provocraft website and register. Then every cartidge you buy comes with a little certificate with "points" that you enter to your account. When you have enough points you can get free stuff. Right now I have enough points to get two free cartidges, which is better than nothing huh? LOL! I'm going to go check out the rest of your projects now!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

Winter Birthday Card