Finally used my Cricut!!

    I got my Cricut about 6 months ago, and finally tried it today!!  I wasn't really patient, so all I managed to make were some hearts and this "Love" sentiment.
  I know the card is lame, but I thought I'd go for a Clean and Simple!! I'm going to enter it at Stamps R Us, their challenge is Valentine/Love.
   This next card is a Phindy's digi, called Bug Buddy.  The challenge was to use the inspiration photo for our creation.  I went with the color red, as well as the ladybug. The challenge over at Fussy & Fancy Friday is "Polka Dots."  Over at Crazy 4 Challenges, the challenge was "Layers & Embellies."  Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week was "Punch & Shimmery."
   Card stock is Yoyo Yellow, Real Red & Gina K Pure Luxury White. The dp is a miscellaneous piece from a mat stack. I used SU Scallop and Oval Scallop punches. I added some stickles for the sun, and put some highlights in his hair.  The sentiment is an SU one, but I can't recall the name of the set. 
The inspiration photo:
   So, I am hoping to get some practice in with the Cricut. It came with 4 cartridges, so there is plenty to choose from.  I have to work tomorrow, to fill in for someone, but I'll be off on Sunday.
   Today I did get my taxes filed, so I accomplished something!! I also made some Chicken Soup today.  Didn't take a picture, though..  It was very good!!!

Comments

Kathy and Lucky said…
Wow you have been very busy! Love your CAS Cricut card, the red and white is perfect and glad you joined us at Stamps R Us. I forget about my Cricut, I used it all the time when I was scrapbooking but now I make cards, it sort of sits there lonely. Love your second card as well, so bright and fun. Have a great weekend.
Dru said…
Hi Cindy ~ NOT lame - really cute and I love the "love". I too have a cricut (for years now) and need to actually use it! Hugs, Dru
Jennifer said…
Your cards are never lame! Even this simple one. I'm sure you'll enjoy playing with your cricut more over time! I love the little boy and his bug! My kids have all loved playing with the little creatures they find!
Linda Palmer said…
Great job on both cards. Both are great, love the hearts and love the darling little boy.
Tammy said…
Cute cards Cindy! I love your CAS Valentine! ...and your soups below look delicious!! :) Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us!
Tammy
Debbie said…
Glad you got to use your cricut. I use it every now and again as well, Love both cards!!!

Hugs
Debbie
Nicola said…
Great card using a fab image and wonderful design!
Thanks for entering our Polka Dots challenge over at Fussy and Fancy this fortnight and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx
Sassy Cheryl said…
Cindy, are you saying that patience is not one of your best qualities. hehe.
Glad you finally played with your Cricut because I just love, love, love these two amazing cards.
Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's 100th challenge celebration this week.
jkreucher said…
What a cutie pie image! love your shimmery sun! sweet as can be card!
So glad you joined us for the Sassy Cheryl Shimmery and punch challenge!
Judy
Ann English said…
Hi, Cindy. You've been mighty busy and I love all of your creations-two of my fav artists here, too!
Thank you for joining us this week for Phindy's challenge. Join us, again tomorrow-you'll like the new challenge :)
Anne said…
Hi Cindy what a gorgeous ladybug card,thanks so much for joining us at Phindy's Place Challenge!
Anne
x

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

Winter Birthday Card