Scarf & Cookies....

      I don't have a card to show today, but I did recently make myself a scarf. 
 One of my co-workers bought one at a craft fair, and, of course I thought, "I can make one of those!"  It is not a scarf for warmth, but for accessory purposes.          Well, all of the yarn cost me $47.00 !!!, but I can make many scarves out of it.
 I'm going to make variations of it for each of my daughters for Christmas. 
 As you can see, it is not crocheted or knitted.
      You just gather all of the lengths of yarn, and about every 6-8", tie with a piece of thin ribbon.  You can make it any length you want.  The next ones, I will definitely make about 6 inches longer.  I like to decoratively tie mine, and like them to hang a little longer. 
       Here is a close up of the scarf 
 Super-close up
 Here are the yarns.  I used 6 of them in the scarf, a total of 35 strands.
 Close up of the yarns. The purple on (2nd from right) will definitely unravel, so I just knotted it at various intervals.)  The purple on the farthest LEFT is like a ribbon. I used that in the scarf, and also to tie it.
   I visited JoAnn Fabrics (Luckily they had a SALE) and got 4 more yarns. I'm going to make my Mom a scarf too.  
           It was fun looking at all of the different kinds of yarn out there. There are so many new ones from when I used to crochet!!  There was quite a difference from the fabric store and the other store that I bought the 1st yarn at. The other store is Wisconsin Craft Market. They had a much bigger variety, but they were more expensive. (Didn't realize I had a coupon at home, either!!)  But at Joann's I got those 4 yarns plus a black eyelash yarn all for $18.00 
    My DD Jenn was busy making cookies yesterday.  Here is a sampling:
Clockwise from upper left:  Meringues, PMS Cookies, Snowballs, Almond Thins and Wreaths. (The Almond Thins are my all time favorite!!)

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow that scarf is gorgeous!!!! The cookies look so yummy too!!!!! Merry Christmas Cindy and the best in the New Year to you and your family!!!!!!
Jennifer said…
Your scarf if fabulous! and those cookies look oh so good! Enjoy!
What a clever idea for the scarf!!! It looks gorgeous too! How wonderful!

I just looked up easy sew fleece hats bc I have a TON of fleece leftover!!!!

Those cookies look delish :)
Maria
Unknown said…
A gorgeous scarf Cindy! And those cookies look delicious!! xx
Scrapping Julie said…
well how dang cool is that scarf!!
man.. i reeeaaaalllly want one of those cookies! my address is.... LOL. hope you have a great day cindy!
Debbie said…
Very nice scarf!!!!

Hugs
Debbie
Kathy and Lucky said…
Oh yummy cookies to nibble on while I look at that gorgeous scarf, what a great idea and such luscious colors. They will make great gifts.
Linda Palmer said…
Love the scarf! It is so beautiful and soft looking, beautiful colors. I love the second batch of colors to and the delicious looking cookies.
Susan said…
That is really a cool looking scarf! Very hip!

Susan

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!