German Thank you cards

   One of my co-workers asked me to make her some Thank You cards.  She went to Italy and Germany this past summer.  She wanted 4 cards for their friends in Germany.  So...I found this beer mug from Meljens, it is called Irish Brew.
  Well, since the cards are for Germans, I cut out the Shamrock in the upper right hand corner. I added White Flock for the suds, and some Stickles to the bubbles. 
I colored with Copics, popped the mug up on Dimensionals and put the mug on a mini flag.   The card base itself is the German Flag. (I hope it is ok that the little one is not right side up.) The colors are Black, Real Red and Summer Sun.  I know a lot of real German beers are darker, but I thought this looked more realistic. 
     The sentiment "Herzlichen Dank", means "Heartfelt Thanks."    I printed that out myself, and mounted on black card stock.
    I also made 4 Italian Thank you cards.   Come back to see that post in a day or so.

Comments

Kathy said…
Love this Cindy. So creative to make that flag! Hmm, now I'm thirsty for a cold brew, the bubbles looks so realistic.
Scrapping Julie said…
well how cool are these! i am sure her German friends will love them! love the flocked suds! so fun
Dr Sonia S V said…
The mug with the dimension and texture are super cute Cindy
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com
Dru said…
These are great Cindy - very unique! Hugs and Merry Christmas, Dru
these are fabulous too!!! What a great idea to make them in German and Italian!!

Awesome!
Susan said…
I love the way these came out Cindy! (good idea taking out the Shamrock..lol). You have some crazy skills to do thank you cards in another language, and so beautifully also! What a great idea! I'm inspired to try a card in another language now! Maybe my husband will get a Valentines card written in Arabic..lol! The look on his face would be so funny!

Susan

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!