Time well spent.....

Well, today is my day off. The last 2 at work were pretty busy. Suprisingly, only a couple of people came in thinking they had the Swine Flu!! (They did not.) Almost every patient I took care of in the Emergency Department, did, however get admitted. One patient on the phone said he was going to call the White House and his Congressman because I wouldn't order an MRI and other tests for him.(11:30 pm on Saturday night.) He swore at me and then hung up.

So on to better things!! Today we will be going to Noah's Preschool Graduation and then to a Spaghetti dinner.

Today I made a card for SCS Featured Stamper Challenge. I'm happy with how it turned out!
Recipe:
Stamp: SU Time Well Spent
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Elegant Eggplant, Creative Memories designer paper, Gina K Pure Luxury White
Ink: Black, Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Gamsol, Stickles, Fibers, Dimensionals
Nurse Joke of the day:
You might work in an ER if...

You can identify the "P.I.D. shuffle" at a distance of 15 feet and the "Kidney Stone Squirm" at 20...
You've ever had to contend with someone who thinks constipation for 4 hours is a medical emergency...
You've ever entered a patient's chief complaint as "I'm drunk"...
You've ever had a patient with a nose-ring tell you "I'm afraid of shots"...
You stare at someone in utter disbelief when he or she actually covers his or her mouth when coughing...
You automatically multiply by 3 the number of drinks they claim to have daily...
You feel that you can diagnose passersby at the mall based on physical presentation...
You don't have to ask "frequent flyers" any medical history questions because you can fill it out from memory...
You can keep a straight face as the patient responds "Just two beers"...

Well, everyone have a great day!

Comments

Sharon said…
I love the sparkles on your card, and the bright, bold colors!
Helen said…
Lovely fun, cheery card - great job!
This set is one of my all time faves and I love the colors you used. Your RN jokes are a hoot! Thanks for the chuckles!
Ellibelle said…
Gorgeous card, Lucie! I love the bright and cheerful colors.
The perfect card to make after such a busy week at work!
Michelle said…
great card with a great stamp set..and wonderful happy bright (butnot overwhelming!) colors!

love this card cindy.
TFS!
now go get the order from the MD to get that man an MRI! :o)
Wendy said…
Your "patient" must have some serious pull to be able to call the White House with his medical complaints!! LOL! :) Very cute card! TFS!!
Lynn McAuley said…
Love this delightful spring card with its fabulous fiber stems!! So bright and cheerful!!
Judi M said…
What a fun way to use fibers for the flower stems. This cheerful color combination is perfect for Spring.
Anonymous said…
Your post brought a huge smile to my face. Such a gorgeous card...love all the details.
Dori Shelton said…
I have this set! It's one of my favs. Thanks for some more inspiration.
Kendra said…
So I love that flower card, but I LOVE the nurse joke of the day... gotta pass that on to some friends :)
Leslie said…
Love your color combo!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

2 Cards, 3 Challenges!