Last post for May, 2009

Today is Sunday, which means it's Featured Stamper day at SCS! I loved making this card.
I used Papertrey White, Purple Core'dinations for paper. Ink is Elegant Eggplant, and then I added some Primas and a brad in coordinating colors of the ribbon. The sentiment stamp is by Inky Antics, and I used a misc. clear stamp for the border.

I made this card for our nephew's Birthday today. Tried to go for the masculine look!
I used Papertrey White, Chocolate Chip, Gloriuos Green, Elegant Eggplant & DCWV Glitter Mat Stack paper. The stamps are Stampendous & Village Arts Press. Got them in a grab bag. I colored the cake with Prismacolor pencils, added Stickles and some Purple Fibers. I also sponged a little Yoyo Yellow on the white. Chris liked the card!

I haven't had any nurse jokes for awhile, so here is one I found:

YOU MIGHT BE AN E.R. NURSE IF . . .Discussing dismemberment over a gourmet meal seems perfectly normal to you..
You believe a good tape job will fix anything...
You have the bladder capacity of five people...
You find humor in other people's stupidity...
You believe in aerial spraying of Prozac...
You disbelieve 90% of what you are told and 75% of what you see...
You have your weekends off planned for a year in advance...
You plan your dinner break while lavaging an overdose patient...
You believe that "ask-a-nurse" is an evil plot thought up by Satan...
You believe that unspeakable evils will befall you if the phrase "wow, it's really quiet" is uttered...
You threaten to strangle anyone who even starts to say the "Q" word when the ER is even remotely calm...
You believe chocolate is a food group...
You take it as a compliment when someone calls you a dirty name...
You say to yourself "great veins" when looking at complete strangers ...
You have ever answered a "lost condom" phone call...
You have ever had to leave a patient's room before you begin to laugh uncontrollably...
You have ever referred to the E.R. Doc or triage nurse as a "shit magnet"...
You think that caffeine should be available in I.V. form...

Here's to a good June!!!

Comments

Cheryl Walker said…
I love the sentiment on this!!very very pretty!!!
Have a nice day:)
Hugs,
Cheryl
Becky said…
I love this!!! The colors are lovely and the sentiment is beautiful.
Pretty card, and I love how it matches your blog layout/colors!
Kendra said…
Very nice card... flows really well :)
Vicki said…
Beautiful card! The layout and colors are super. And the sentiment says it all. TFS! Blessings to you!
Great card and it is the great sentiment! After having 12 friends just LEAVE my house I totally believe the sentiment!
Ellibelle said…
Love the elegant look on the first card, and love the colors you used for the birthday card.
Gina Lindsay said…
Great cards, I love the top one most of all.

That's so funny! I worked as a unit clerk in an ER one semester in college, lots of those look familiar.
Mary G. said…
Grea cards! Love the first one~
Cindy, these are great cards! Love them both! Thanks for the chuckle with your joke! Too cute!
Cassie_lu said…
love the cake on the second card. very happy.
Cindy said…
I just LOVE your thoughts on being and ER nurse...I laughted out loud. I am a Nursing Home Administrator and many of the things you mentioned also apply to me and my staff. As a matter of fact, I yell at my staff when they say the "Q" word. :o) My DH just spent an evening in the ER for a cut finger...I thank all nurses for what they do on a daily basis. BTW, I love your cards too!
Jacquel said…
These are great cards and love the layouts on both...tfs!!!
Unknown said…
pretty cards, great work.
Michelle said…
cindy! GMTA! i just did cards tonight with the daisies flower die and posted it to my blog..we are thinking the same today!..(same flower as your first card....).these are wonderful cards cindy..TFS!
cr8iveme said…
adorable cards.

M.E. aka CMCMaryD@SCS

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

2 Cards, 3 Challenges!