Check card & Purse Gift Card Holder / No more Emergency Department for Me!

A while back my Mom's dear Friend 'Lane sent me check that was really unnecessary, and I wanted to return it to her, so I made a card out of it!! I used the Creative Memories Flower Punch to make the flowers and leaves. The paper is Lovely Lilac and Pixie Pink. I used a butterfly stamp, but don't remember the name of it. I forgot to take a picture of it when I made it, so when we just visited her last week, I got to photograph it. She thought it was a hoot!!! This weeks Design D*I*V*A*S Secret Sister Challenge was to make a purse! So I went to MelStampz
and made this purse gift card holder from the many templates she has available.! I plan to make another and "perfect" it. The top wasn't supposed to be creased, but I couldn't get it to stand up without creasing it. aggrrrhhh!!!
Recipe:
Paper: Porcelain Prints, Blue Bayou, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Nesties Labels One & Blossom, Hodgepodge Hardware, Crop-a-dile, eyelets, Blue Bayou Ribbon, Dimensional, 1/2 circle punch This is the inside. I made a fake gift card with instructions for the gift card.

Yesterday at work was my first official day as a Telephone Triage Nurse. I worked in the Emergency Department and we did Telephone Triage, but the 2 have separated, and I decided I needed a break from the E.D., so I went to the phones. I have been doing Telephone Triage for 9 years already, but now that's all I will do. We have a new room, and I have my own desk with my own locking cabinet and drawers!! I'm so excited! I've got it all personalized already! I've got pictures up of my family and friends, flower pics I have taken. My desk even moves up and down in case I need to stand up. I'm waiting for my foot rest to come in. I'll be able to at least exercise my ankles!! Believe it or not, Telephone Triage can be just as interesting as working in the Emergency Department sometimes!!! Plus, I can't "catch" anything like the flu or colds over the phone!!

Comments

Shelly Schmidt said…
Love that purse- I love Mel stamps too! TFS
Gina Lindsay said…
Great purse project, I am still working on this. I love that idea of using the check that you were returning, that is just too funny! Have fun in your new job.
paige said…
Cute purse! This idea will come in handy for the coming holidays.
Rhonda Langley said…
Great purse! Good luck with your job!
stampingmommy said…
I LOVE the card made with the check you were returning - that is a riot!!!!
Too funny :0)
Jaspere said…
This is just awesome.. my girls would love this.

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!