I've been busy all week getting 40 Baby Shower Invitations made for a co-worker. The first picture is blurry, but you can see the different variations I made. I used my Cuttlebug for the Swiss Dots on PTI White paper, and cutting out the scallops with my new Nestabilities. I added some Stickles around the scallops for a little bling. I added brads to the bottom corners. Some are Button brads, some are just square. The first 1/2 I did all of my coloring with my prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. I wasn't really happy with how the baby's skin looked. So, of course, I asked for suggestions from my fellow SCS'ers. Most suggested Copics, and a few other suggested Prismacolor Eggshell. So since I already have a set of Prismacolor markers, I got one in Eggshell and used that for the faces. (And it was $1.00 cheaper than the Copics) I just love how they turned out. I also colored the clothes with the markers too. I was suprised at how fast the coloring went, and how nice and smooth it looks. I added pink Pebbles chalk to the cheeks, and blue around the baby. I punched the image out with the SU scallop punch.
The colors of paper were Ballet Blue for the base. I added a print paper (Die Cuts with a View-Baby Boy Text) to the top panel, and then a piece of pretty lace. I used Bashful Blue for the lighter blue seen. Julie, my co-worker, loved how they turned out. The inside of the card says
"It's A Shower" with Date,Time,Place,RSVP, and I added a little "stick-baby" stamp. Today my daughter and Grandson came back from their little vacation to Florida. They got in at 0145, during a horrible Thunder/Lightening storm. Our power went out for about 3-4 hours.
So the night was miserable! NO Air Conditioning, NO fan, NO water, and the alarm in the basement was going off to let us know there was water on the floor!! Good thing we have the dehumidifier going! I had to be at work ot 0700 today so I didn't even get to visit with them! :o(
So, they went home because Jenn has to work at 7:00 pm tonight. That also meant that Rascal, the Grand-Cat and the Hermit Crabs, Eggerfritz and Bert also went home! :o( It was fun having a cat in the house for awhile. We had 4 of them, but they all went to heaven over the years! We just haven't gotten around to having anymore.
Tomorrow after work, I have to go feed my 2 other Grand-Cats, Dirk & Geronimo. My daughter Cristine is going out of town to my Mom's house, then to visit her Dad for Father's Day.
I haven't even met Geronimo yet, because he is a new addition in the last couple of weeks.
Also tomorrow, Noah & Calla the other 2 grandkids are coming over and spending the night. Grampa will be busy all day since I work until 6pm! Busy, Busy!!!
Have a good weekend!!!

Comments

Becky said…
This are so adorable, I love this image. I know know for me when I had to do 30 it just about wiped me out. :)
That must have taken you a long time to make so many but they are so cute.
Gina Lindsay said…
They are cute, and wow you made a lot! Love that baby image.
Jacquel said…
These are so cute and that image is adorable! great job!!!
Vicki said…
Just too cute! Love the image! Amazing work and especially with your schedules!! TFS! Blessings to you!
Ann said…
Cute, cute, cute! I love the Swiss Dots and lace!
Kim said…
Those are so sweet!
Bananastamper said…
Wow, have you ever been busy! These turned out cute!

Shanna
Michelle said…
cindy these turned out super! (the image is adorable) TFS!
These are adorable! Hope the basement dries out quickly! Glad you are back - and enjoy the grandkids!
susanwilliamsrn said…
great job on the invites...love your blog
These came out soooooo great! I can't imagine trying to do ALL of those w/ the pencils! Glad you gave the color for the skin w/ the markers - I may just have to go and buy one!!
MiamiKel said…
OMGoodness, these are soo sweet! Such an adorable image and colored so beautifully! I love that burst of blue and swiss dots is still among my fave folders to use and this one is a true winner! I am sure they will be a big hit! (and special hugs to you on this Dad's day -- from one dd missing her dad to another) {{{ 's! }}}
Unknown said…
oh how cute, everyone will love them!
Leslie said…
Very, very cute! Great job!

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!