SU "Year of Cards" Stamping/Scrapping Event

Today was a fun day!! My DD Cristine and my SIL Gail joined me at a "Year of Cards" SU Stamping/Scrapping event. We didn't make the scrapbook pages, just the cards. We had a great time! Took us 2-1/2 hours to make these 12 cards. I have the Recipe at the bottom, but not broken down for each card, as I'm not sure of all of the names. I did not know that if you use Black ink on Gloss White cardstock, it turns out purple!! (As in the Halloween card) Very cool!!! I love this Berry stamp, may have to order it!! I had to change the sentiment when I got home, as I smeared the one I made there! Aren't those die cut Flowers the greatest??!!
I Love Loads of Love! This is a very Patriotic card!! The Valentine is embossed.
I like both of these cards, but especially the 2nd. Colors are great! The white piece is embossed, but it is hard to tell.
These 2 turned out cool too!! I probably would have used a darker background behind the
"Give Thanks." I would have used a sponge on the 2nd one to color the edges. Rubbing it on the ink pad makes it smear somewhat!!
This FYI one is so cool!! The tree & FYI are embossed. The strip on the top is a sticky strip with the silver micro beads. Never used that before!! Love the colors!! The 2nd is a Father's day card. My sentiment is crooked!!
Recipe:
Stamps:
Varsity Alphabet, 8 Great Greetings, Berry Christmas, Holiday Best, Medallion, Loads of Love, Four Square, Autumn Days, True Friend, Forest Friends, FYI, House of Haunts
Inks: Mellow Moss, Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, Always Artichoke, Pretty in Pink, Brilliant Blue, Creamy Caramel, Lavender Lace, Melon Mambo, Only Orange, Basic Black, Versamark, Banana Marker
CardStock: All the same inks plus, Green Galore, Gable Green, Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Gloss White, Bashful Blue, Very Vanills, Real Red, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Taken with Teal, Bermuda Bay-Textured
Accessories: eyelets, brads, rhinestone brads, Big Shot,Dies, Su Backgrounds, punches, dimensionals, Crop-a-dile, glue dots, heat gun, embossing buddy & powders, silver micro beads, sticky strip, Ribbons, hemp
PLEASE sign my Guestbook at the bottom of the page!
I'd love to see where everyone is from!! Thank you!!!!

Comments

Love your Year of Cards idea! Awesome! And your cards are very cute! TFS
paige said…
what a great variety of cards! looks like you had a really fun day stamping!
Vicki said…
Rock on, "Miss Cindy"!! What a fun day you must have had! Great cards! Blessings to you!
Darlene said…
WOW ... these are all fantastic! In fact, there are a couple I just might be casing later today! Great job and sounds like you had great fun!!
Thanks so much for your sweet comments over on my blog ... I do hope you stop back again real soon! Have a great weekend ... what's left of it, LOL!!
Adorable cards Cindy! Looks like you guys had loads of fun!
Mary G. said…
Wow, what a great idea for a stamp event! LOVE the collection of cards you make! I'm just amazed at how many different ways you can use the ornament stamp! You used it as a flower vase- yesterday at a shoebox swap, we used it as a fish!
Helen said…
What a lot of lovely cards - sounds like a fun day!
The Wired Angel said…
Great cards Cindy.. my favorite is that wreath card. I would love to know the name of that stamp!! Enjoy your day, Peggy
Kathy said…
Wow, you got alot done in 2 1/2 hours. They are all beautiful!
Karli said…
You were busy crafters! Great idea to do a year of cards! Is that the ornament punch used as a vase? You clever girl, you!
Scrapping Julie said…
all of these are fab! i LOVE getting together with other crafters. glad you had a great time.
Suzanne said…
A year of cards, what a great idea for a class. I love all the cards, so cute. I got into the holiday "zone" and it was refreshing to see something new for a change!
Shelly Schmidt said…
What a great day of stamping you had! I love all of your cards- that would be such a fun gift for the holidays! TFS

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!