Secret Sister Challenge 2 -- "Vintage"

Our Secret Sister Challenge this week was to make a "vintage" looking card.  Don't think I've ever done Vintage before, so this is my first try.
The Stamp is SU -  "A Kind Word."  I used Porcelain Prints DP, Very Vanilla and Gina K cardstock. I roughed up the edges and tore the paper, as you can see. I colored with my Prismacolor markers, shaded with Pebbles Chalk. Added some Primas, brads, and Blue Bayou ribbon. I'm really not too happy with the card overall. I do like the image, she is very cute.
 Here is a close up .
I will have to practice more for the "Vintage look".
Hope you enjoyed looking!!

    I had a very busy day today, visiting the CPA to get my taxes done, got a haircut, shopped at the Dollar Tree for donations for work. We are collecting personal care items for our Homeless Veterans here in Madison, and parts of the state where we have outpatient clinics.  Our department has collected over 130 lbs so far. We have until Feb. 21 to collect.  The department in the hospital who collects the most, wins a Pizza Party!
      Just think of all of the items we will be able to give the Homeless Veteran's!!!

Comments

Shelly Schmidt said…
Love this card- very pretty- great job on Vintage too!
Dru said…
It's lovely Cindy - you did a great job with vintage! Love your coloring of that sweet little image. Hugs, Dru
Cheryl said…
Hi Cindy - Thank you for your comment on my blog. I live in Kenosha county in the S.E. corner of the state. I'm about a 2 hour drive from Madison. My room mate from college lives up in Wausau.

Your card is so cute! I love how you colored her so sweetly.

Have a great week end!

Cheryl
Well I would love to be your SEcret sister and get that card!!~Lol.. It is just beautiful!!!
JazzyH said…
Great job. I am sure your ss will love it.
Jennipher said…
This is just adorable. So innocent and lovely.
jkreucher said…
Omgosh! I forgot that I have this darling little image... thanks for the inspiration.. I must get her out and play soon..
love your vintage look! such a lovely card!
hugs
Judy
Auntie Em said…
Your card is adorable! I love the detail you put into it. So sweet for spring...if it ever gets here!

Thanks for sharing and thank-you for stopping by my blog. I love company! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop.....

Design D*I*V*A*S Blog Hop !!

I'm back!!